Tell us a joke Page 90

I don't even get it; maybe I'm a little green, but I can't see where you're driving.

Quote: gappy @ 24th December 2014, 3:49 PM GMT

I don't even get it; maybe I'm a little green, but I can't see where you're driving.

May be wrong but could it be to do with the instinct of a newborn to grab at things? Still, if that is it, not a brilliant joke. Not sure if it's too much but I'm sure you could do something with that grab reflex in relation to a Chinese finger trap.

Yeash, but he said unborn not newborn. The only way I can interpret this is that Tiger Woods put a golf club up his partner when she was pregnant. Did Tiger Woods do that? If so, I guess the joke works...but I'd only give it a fore, I meant, four.

Tim Burton and Helena Bonham-Carter split was a sad day for goths everywhere

Well slightly worse

Quote: gappy @ 24th December 2014, 5:54 PM GMT

Yeash, but he said unborn not newborn. The only way I can interpret this is that Tiger Woods put a golf club up his partner when she was pregnant. Did Tiger Woods do that? If so, I guess the joke works...but I'd only give it a fore, I meant, four.

Maybe the qualifier is anything vaguely phalllic, who knows?!

As if I just saw all the golf puns now... nob head I am.

Good grief; The unborn Tiger Woods learned the basics of gripping the golf club
by practising on his fathers prick during the gestation period.
How can you judge the joke if you don't understand it?

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ 25th December 2014, 1:35 PM GMT

How can you judge the joke if you don't understand it?

My point exactly.

Dear Gappy
Now you understand, do you think the joke is better.

Nope, sorry.

1) I think if it's so difficult to understand, and a few of us were unsure where you were aiming, then it's probably a failure anyway.

2) I think it's too much of a leap to say that if you have sex with a pregnant woman your penis goes into the hands of the baby. Because that isn't what happens. Which is fine, jokes only need to be funny, not gynaecologically accurate, but it wasn't clear to me, as I said above.

3) Even if Tiger's wood did end up in the hands of his unborn, in what way was he teaching it a golf grip?

I think holding golf clubs and holding willies is a fine angle for a joke, but I thinkk you just need to make it more explicit:

SEVE: Hey, Julian, is this your first time at golkf?
JULIAN: [Camp] Yep.
SEVE: Wow, you have a really great grip on that five iron.
JULIAN: Well, I used to work down at the docks.
SEVE: What, unloading golfing equipment?
JULIAN: No. No, not that. [Wink to audience]

Now, that's a f**king atrocious little exchange, so write something that gets the innuendo across like that, but has the advantage of being funny Laughing out loud

Of course, I appreciate "make it funny" isn't really advice, but you get my drift. happy Christmas!

Gappy.
I think you are defending your position because you are ashamed at being unable
to comprehend a simple joke.

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ 24th December 2014, 10:57 AM GMT

Golfers start to learn their skills very young.
Before Tiger Woods was born, his father had already taught him how to grip the golf club,

No it doesn't really work does it.

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ 25th December 2014, 8:45 PM GMT

Gappy.
I think you are defending your position because you are ashamed at being unable
to comprehend a simple joke.

No, I'm not ashamed - there's lots in this world I don't understand, I know full well. And I admit I misread it to be about Tiger Woods' kid, I was one gebneration out! :)

If you're happy that it works, then that's all that matters, let's not fight on Christmas day. Angelic

Gappy.

I now accept it is very easy to understand our own work.
Chappers has just posted it and I agree; It's not complete so doesn't work
Merry Christmas.

They've renovated a building near me to house a project to rehabilitate whores and prisoners.

There are pros and cons.