Boomers Page 5

It's struggling, and like you say - where was June Whitfield? :( At least she added some spark to it.

Surprisingly I really enjoyed Friday's ep :D

Quote: bushbaby @ 9th September 2014, 5:56 PM BST

Surprisingly I really enjoyed Friday's ep :D

So is it now better than yours? Whistling nnocently

No :D mine was two pensioner couples living next door to each other. The two women were secretly arranging a cruise holiday whilst the two men were secretly arranging a golf holiday. :D

Why do they have to be pensioners in particular, bb? Oh, and friends never live door, that's too contrived.

Because there was hardly anything on TV for pensioners. Everything seemed to be geared up for young viewers plus I'm old :D and it was based on true stories

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 11th September 2014, 12:20 AM BST

Oh, and friends never live door, that's too contrived.

Dunno think it could work - different circumstances granted but Love Thy Neighbour had that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th September 2014, 7:23 AM BST

Dunno think it could work - different circumstances granted but Love Thy Neighbour had that.

Loads of successful sitcoms have had it, it don't matter long as funny.

The Good Life, Love Thy Neighbour, Bless This House, the brilliant Still Game, My Wife Next Door, Seinfeld, and you know... Friends !!! I shall say no more. :)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 11th September 2014, 12:20 AM BST

Oh, and friends never live door, that's too contrived.

"Joyce and Alan have financial concerns and are considering downsizing..."
Sounds really gripping stuff!

Would you sitcom be like this, Beaks?

Quote: beaky @ 11th September 2014, 5:48 PM BST

"Joyce and Alan go to a swingers party and they come back with different partners..."

Quote: Marc P @ 11th September 2014, 5:15 PM BST

The Good Life, Love Thy Neighbour, Bless This House, the brilliant Still Game, My Wife Next Door, Seinfeld, and you know... Friends !!! I shall say no more. :)

But you could say a few more as it's been a staple of many good sitcoms. I think Paul means it's not his cup of tea rather than it doesn't work. Shirley!?

Paul, I take it you are a fan of the modern quasi realist sitcom like this one and don't like artifice?

Paul hasn't read it. I think something based on true stories doesn't mean it will work, added to that you may get sued!

Try it without the pensioner aspect if it means it will be commisioned?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th September 2014, 10:26 AM BST

Would you sitcom be like this, Beaks?

It'd be a lot more exciting than that, Paul! There'd also be a fight, and lots of drug-taking.

Shameless Benidorm