That Puppet Game Show

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/that_puppet_game_show/about/

Anyone watching this? So what are your views on it? It sounds fun.

Sounds alright, doesn't sound anything to go mad over!

Quote: David Smith @ July 26 2013, 9:11 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/that_puppet_game_show/about/

Anyone watching this? So what are your views on it? It sounds fun.

THAT looks brilliant! The puppets have come to save us.

First step the media. Next, all the major institutions.

To celebrate, I've pushed the van up to 35.

What's Dermot Crowley doing in it?

Will be looking at this. It's been written by the same guys that wrote Pete V Life and have done a bit for Harry Enfield since 2000. I hope it's on after 9pm. Not too blue, just not watered down in an early slot. I miss Mongrels on BBC Three.

I for one found it rather enjoyable - both the quiz and the back stage "action".

Ditto. Some of the back-stage bits were a bit weak and sketch-y, whereas they'd been promoted as more sitcom-like (akin to The Muppet Show itself, really) - but yes, very enjoyable all-round.

Pity about the host, mind. The real one is intolerable enough, we don't need a puppet recreation. Whose idea was that?

Poor guests and canned laughter!

According to the guide the laughter was "Recorded at Screening", which is understandable. After all, if the audience saw the bottom of the puppets it does lose the illusion somewhat.

I can't say I cared for it much but these sort of things aren't really my cup of tea.

I did love the Muppets when it started and used to watch it on a Friday evening before going to the pub.

Didn't get around to watch it though. How did it compare to The Muppet Show?

Quite enjoyable. A nice little fun show to watch.

I only watched the first 10 minutes but thought it was awful. Really didn't enjoy the Paddy Puppet and couldn't stick around long enough to see it improve. There was no magic there, that we normally see from these Muppets.

Quote: Lee @ August 12 2013, 9:57 PM BST

it was awful. There was no magic there

This.

God In Heaven.

Is that clip on the BCG preview supposed to make me want to see this?