What are you watching on TV? Page 2,293

I think it may have been their first tv appearances

I like Wiggy!

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd March 2024, 7:14 PM

I think it may have been their first tv appearances

I like Wiggy!

They were very funny, ditto in The Mary Whitehouse Experience, The Imaginatively Titled Punt and Dennis etc etc. I've never much liked The Now Show as it's too smug - I know that it's ending.

Wiggy is a classic.

Yeah the Now Show just isn't funny

Except Jon Holmes used to feature at one time and he was always a hoot

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd March 2024, 8:49 PM

Yeah the Now Show just isn't funny

Except Jon Holmes used to feature at one time and he was always a hoot

I'm so glad that you agree! It's been running for far too long - Radio 4 like to spin stuff out for far too long.

Was Jon Holmes the one they kept referring to as a tiny person? Isn't it also the name of a former adult star? I liked Mitch Benn.

Yeah I think he is a small dude

He does quite a lot of good stuff on the radio

Listen Against was really good

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd March 2024, 9:39 PM

Yeah I think he is a small dude

He does quite a lot of good stuff on the radio

Listen Against was really good

Thank you, I'll have to check out his work.

https://youtu.be/VJuypq1J6ow?si=r0gjLcDOwZ90xDcQ

I miss Lee Hurst

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th March 2024, 8:41 PM

https://youtu.be/VJuypq1J6ow?si=r0gjLcDOwZ90xDcQ

I miss Lee Hurst

I bought my husband the DVD of TTIAO for Father's Day one year, he loved it. Doesn't Lee Hurst still have his Backyard Comedy Club in E2 or suchlike?

I've got back to watching Midsomer Murders although I skipped over S18 Ep3 - the one about bicycle racing. Yawn!

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but Mary and George is great! Plenty of intrigue and raunchy gay sex, I'm in my element.

Quadrophonia

For the very first time

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th March 2024, 7:54 PM

Quadrophonia

For the very first time

I watched that too for the very first time too a couple of years ago. It was well worth it.

Quote: beaky @ 30th March 2024, 6:20 PM

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but Mary and George is great! Plenty of intrigue and raunchy gay sex, I'm in my element.

Ooh thanks - I keep seeing that advertised on NowTV. I'll give it a go.

Four of my friends were in Quadraphenia (extras)
They had gone to Brighton for the annual scooterboy meet-up and were roped into the crowd scenes.
All four are quite prominent running down the ramp onto the beach for the fight scenes and riding around town on their scooters.
As a bonus, they were paid £32 a day - which was a decent wedge in those days.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st March 2024, 8:50 AM

Four of my friends were in Quadraphenia (extras)
They had gone to Brighton for the annual scooterboy meet-up and were roped into the crowd scenes.
All four are quite prominent running down the ramp onto the beach for the fight scenes and riding around town on their scooters.
As a bonus, they were paid £32 a day - which was a decent wedge in those days.

Oh, wow! That's great to hear. You're right, £32 would have paid for quite a lot of chrome polish and extra mirrors in those days. My stepfather was more of a greaser and when my mother remarried in 1984 we always owned motorbikes. Mum even learnt how to ride (bikes - not my stepfather, blee!) They are 'celebrating' forty years of marriage. They're one of those couples who hate one another but will never divorce.

Back on topic - I'm enjoying the StuView channel on YouTube. There are loads of 'Forgotten Sitcoms of the 70s' shorts there. I also watched a short biography of Bernard Bresslaw on another YT channel yesterday.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 31st March 2024, 10:01 AM

Back on topic - I'm enjoying the StuView channel on YouTube. There are loads of 'Forgotten Sitcoms of the 70s' shorts there. I also watched a short biography of Bernard Bresslaw on another YT channel yesterday.

I love channels like that! Thanks.
I'm watching this documentary on iplayer that's been doing the rounds on twitter. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0d2pngh/three-salons-at-the-seaside An early 90s doc (that feels a LOT older) about northern hairdressers, which was apparently a massive influence on Caroline Aherne for Mrs Merton. It's amazing, you feel like you're watching a Victoria Wood mockumentary.

Ah, no problem! Me too - especially if they have a complicated private life! I don't know whether I'm extremely nosey, but I always like to know about that kind of thing as it makes me feel that we're all fallable.

Thank you for the suggestion - it's on my iPlayer list. I was going to watch it yesterday but got sidetracked by Murder in Successville as I wanted to see DI Sleet ripping the absolute piss out of that twatmunchkin Mark "TOWIE" Wright. I wasn't disappointed.