Quote: lofthouse @ 11th March 2024, 6:23 PM

Ken Burns' The Civil War

Superb

Yeah, that was a great one.

I wish Ken Burns had been my history teacher at school

Instead of Mr Froom

Nice chap, but one hell of a boring, tedious bastard

🥱

I watch a hell of a lot of meaningless crap on TV at the moment, mainly because I cannot concentrate and I appreciate the company. Celebrity Big Brother is so bloody boring, I mean, if Uncle Gary Goldsmith had remained then it might have got interesting, but he was voted straight out. Bah!

The Thing (1982)

That Mitchell and Webb Look via NowTV (it seems to be on Gold)

Tales of the unexplained

Featuring Linsey Baxter....

Oh momma she was a sensation for the teenaged me 🤪

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th March 2024, 5:20 PM

Tales of the unexplained

Featuring Linsey Baxter....

Oh momma she was a sensation for the teenaged me 🤪

Right - I'm off to Google her. I know that it sounds odd, especially as I am a laydee, but the pre-surgery days were better. Britt Ekland has had some terrible work, but maybe it's because women aren't supposed to age?

Apologies - I'll move to the feminist threads for Mumsnet and Tattle.life. I come here for the comedy 😃

I'm watching the S4 episode of Lead Balloon where Rick is taken hostage in a maximum security prison by Robbie Coltrane. We visited Doctor Johnson's House in London a few years ago and all I could think of was Blackadder The Third.

This was the affect she had on me

https://youtu.be/dMD5T78rn2o?si=c7y8pvqoDuKSObrC

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th March 2024, 5:58 PM

This was the affect she had on me

https://youtu.be/dMD5T78rn2o?si=c7y8pvqoDuKSObrC

My brother was like that with his ceramics teacher, whom I now know via a local volunteering project I attend. Mr L always used to say that he had rabbit eyes on the side of his face to fully appreciate the female form. There weren't many male teachers at the secondary modern girls' school I attended but there were sixth form boys. They didn't excite this particular nerd's senses, let me tell you.

Harry Enfield was bloody good back in the day. I also enjoyed Ruddy Hell It's Harry and Paul, especially the 'I've seen you coming' skits which are very like every stupid shop in Greenwich and Blackheath.

Caught the last episode of "Hairy Bikers Go West", the TV cooks on bikes, in which Dave Myers actually died as this new series started last month, with Dave saying how much of a struggle he had to finish making the series with all the chemotherapy he was having to take on to fight the cancer that would eventually kill him - what a horrible, horrible disease that is.

And what a poignant end it was, especially with Dave saying at the start of this last episode "Well Si, this is the last one so let's make it a good one"

As I've now watched every episode of every decent British sitcom ever made about a thousand times, I'm now reduced to barrel scraping to find something to watch

Today :

Phone Shop

Verdict:

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhh