What are you watching on TV? Page 2,284

Yes he's a geordie stand up and actor

You may not recognise him now as he used to have a really gormless girly hairdo!

Well, at least I'm consistent:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th June 2021, 7:40 AM

Although, to be fair, I hadn't a clue who Chris Ramsey was. Maybe that evens it up.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th November 2023, 7:22 PM

Anyone watching Children In Need? Who is the chap introducing it alongside the footballing woman?

Never interested in these sort of programmes. The same as Red Nose Day so I'm reduced to watching England v Malta.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th November 2023, 8:42 PM

I'm reduced to watching England v Malta.

I'd do anything for love but I won't do that.

Turned over for the glamour and silliness of the Good Ship Murder.

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th November 2023, 7:41 PM

Yes he's a geordie stand up and actor

Can't stand the prat - love a North East accent, but his voice just grates on me, and his whole persona is pants.

Believe Nothing - With Rik Mayall

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th November 2023, 9:08 PM

I once saw an episode of that show being recorded at Teddington in the early aughts.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 18th November 2023, 10:37 PM

I once saw an episode of that show being recorded at Teddington in the early aughts.

It's slightly better than I'd remembered...

But not much ! 🧐

Yes, I don't recall it being laugh out loud hilarious either.

Boat Story. Quite a strange one with lots of violence but then when he cuts that blokes tongue out...........

Finally got round to watching Sex Education on Netflix and it's a joy! Binge watching every night now.

The bleak old shop of stuff

Nigel scoffing Nobs.

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th November 2023, 5:02 PM

The bleak old shop of stuff

I translated the subtitles for that when they tried to flog it to Italy. I've no idea how it went - the humour is very Brit, and out here they think Mr Bean and Benny Hill are cutting edge. Python has a cult following though, especially the films.

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th November 2023, 9:08 PM

I haven't seen that one. I remember Rik Mayall Presents circa 1994, when he made a series of stand-alone dramas with a pretty woman in each episode.
As I've said before, I'm a massive Young Ones fan, but their other stuff doesn't really do it for me. Still, it was awesome to find Happy Families on YouTube. Catflap has the occasional larff, but it's extremely shoddy and not something I can watch again and again.