What are you watching on TV? Page 2,285

Quote: Chappers @ 19th November 2023, 9:33 PM

Boat Story. Quite a strange one with lots of violence but then when he cuts that blokes tongue out...........

Just watched episode 1. I loved it. But I am worried about the cat. :(
If you keep watching, tell me if anything bad happens to it so I can skip that part!

I watched about 20 minutes before I lost interest. What an odd show. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Quote: zooo @ 21st November 2023, 10:46 AM

Just watched episode 1. I loved it. But I am worried about the cat. :(
If you keep watching, tell me if anything bad happens to it so I can skip that part!

I don't remember the cat but yes Dabutt I started thinking it was a bit boring but then it livened up a bit.

Very interesting series. I watched the first one then got the rest from iPlayer and binged them :)

No worries about the cat zooo ;)

Quote: fasty @ 21st November 2023, 5:56 PM

Very interesting series. I watched the first one then got the rest from iPlayer and binged them :)

No worries about the cat zooo ;)

Oh really? Yay!
I've now watched episode 2. It's such a weird series, but very watchable. Love the way it's shot too.

The repeats of "Winter Walks" on BBC4, with this one being Richard Coles, who I find a very good speaker and listenable, but all those Yorkshire peeps out there should be watching the series as they are all set around walks across Yorkshire.

Only half an hour each, and perfect.

ALSO, enjoying the new series of "Villages by the Sea", with another good speaker in Dr. Ben Robinson, who makes the subject so interesting

A year ago I watched Paul Merson walk across the North Yorkshire moors.
Besides the beautiful scenery, he opened up about his alcoholism and gambling addictions.
He didn't blame anyone or anything for becoming like that but explained that earning so much money and having so much free time while still young led to going to the pub and bookies every afternoon.

I'll give them a watch Herc. I do like those types of programs.

I remember a tweet from Richard Coles. Someone tweeted 'I wonder if anyone has ever called a vicar a c**t.
He replied 'can confirm.

Well, I'm enjoying them, and half expect you to make an appearance across t'moors wit t'whippets - I don't know if you have actually seen one of these series, but what makes it interesting is they are totally alone (as borne out by the odd drone high up pictures - they always carry a bright red back pack so you can pick them out), but carry a unique 360-degree camera in one hand, which records not only them, but what they see, including people they meet in various villages/farms etc. The walk usually consists of about 5 to 7 miles. I love them!

And as for Richard Coles and swearing - I remember the very first fly on the wall doc. they did on the Royal Ark (I think it was - many years ago! It's the one where they used Rod Stewart's "Sailing" over the titles), the ship's padre said (referencing what sailors are like in the RN), and I paraphrase "They can say what ever they like in the way of swearing, as I've heard it all. The only time I object and tell them off is when the take The Lord's name in vain"

I just caught the end of Celebrity Mastermind which Rosie Jones won.

TOTP : 1977

Quote: Chappers @ 24th November 2023, 8:30 PM

I just caught the end of Celebrity Mastermind which Rosie Jones won.

I only saw the beginning, where I thought they should have given her an extra few seconds because she communicates a bit slower than other people, but evidently she didn't need it!

Quote: zooo @ 24th November 2023, 10:09 PM

I only saw the beginning, where I thought they should have given her an extra few seconds because she communicates a bit slower than other people, but evidently she didn't need it!

Well to be fair the last bloke was a bit thick.

Good ship murder. Brilliant hokum.

At the end Shayne Ward sang New Order's True Faith as a slow ballad! Weird or what.

I'm a Celebrity... is even palling on me. They must have slashed the budget or something (or spent it all on Nigel)
Last night's episode was like the village edition of It's a Knockout.
No fun. no laughs just miserable clocks all around.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th November 2023, 9:25 AM

I'm a Celebrity... is even palling on me. They must have slashed the budget or something (or spent it all on Nigel)
Last night's episode was like the village edition of It's a Knockout.
No fun. no laughs just miserable clocks all around.

I'm saying absolutely..............................nothing 🙄