Full English Page 3

Quote: Ignatius Rake @ November 16 2012, 6:05 AM GMT

Haven't seen it. But from the overview, I see Richard Ayoade's in it. What's he/his character like?

Controversially enough, he plays a nerd.

As for cartoon highlights, what about The Snowman, Father Christmas and Wallace and Gromit? As far as comedy goes there was also Rex the Runt and Fungus the Bogeyman.

I'll give it a bit more time. I didn't hate it, but I didn't laugh much or make it to the end of the episode either. It was just meh.

Also, hopefully next weeks episode isn't like the one where Homer gets buff! Simpsons did it!

I haven't watched Full English, but if they want me to they should change the time. 10:50pm isn't exactly peak viewing, is it? If they want to be compared to The Simpsons, have it on at 6:00pm instead of The Simpsons!

I don't think there was one sentence that could have been broadcast at 6pm.

Disappointing, unfunny, repellent and dull. What an embarrassment to have it compared to the iconic Family Guy! Angry I hope it disappears off our screens quietly, never to be heard of again.

Quote: zooo @ November 19 2012, 11:16 AM GMT

Oh, so it's "new" Channel 4 humour then ie vulgar for the sake of vulgar.

It's just got no atmosphere.

I did like the Jade Goody ghost though.

I thought it was better than the 1st episode

Quote: zooo @ November 19 2012, 11:16 AM GMT

I see what you mean.
Thought the story was all over the place!

Watched a bit last night. I'm not a fan of Family Guy or American Dad or any of that sort of stuff but found it pretty poor even by their poor standards.

I never liked Crapston Villas either.

I think I've said on here before that some comedy creators could do a lot worse than watch a bit of Cbeebies/CBBC to see how comic timing can work.

There are some great little set pieces in things like The Bob The Builder, The Spongebob Squarepants Show and many many more.

This was just crude stuff for people who thinkg Bob's Burgers is too complicated.

Just wait for Meet the Newmans. I understand the pilot is under way.

Not a true representation of British life. The house looks like a typical American house, some of the voices sound like foreign accents. Think it's best to leave adult cartoons to the Americans, they started it and do a good job at it!

Quote: dax wood @ November 25 2012, 1:35 PM GMT

Not a true representation of British life. The house looks like a typical American house, some of the voices sound like foreign accents.

If you mean the voice sound like foreign accents, that's as maybe but they are played by English people. Maybe you mean they sound overly English, which I don't agree with.

Quote: dax wood @ November 25 2012, 1:35 PM GMT

Think it's best to leave adult cartoons to the Americans, they started it.

Actually, the French started it but it's probably best not to let them make any.

Okay, so I deleted my last post about finding the outdated references odd since I hadn't seen the second episode, but since C4 says in its defence

satirical swipe at popular culture, celebrities and every other aspect of modern British life

I'll reinstate my genuine enquiry as to whether this was written years ago and has only seen the light of day now.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000973/full_english_jade_goody_princess_diana_ofcom/

P.S. People who willingly watched this show and then complained to Ofcom about the content are numpties