Full English

OK then. Let's look at this objectively.

The funniest bit was the Dogs Bollocks Orchestra.

I'm surprised Cowell doesn't sue.

No - not really funny and obviously unfortunate timing if you want to put out your own animated sitcom.

The characters were a little cliched to say the least - and the father-in-law's imaginary friend smacked of Roger the alien from American Dad as well as similarities to Brian in Family Guy.

Not as good as the Newmans then?

I found it astoundingly disturbing!

The green squishy thing will stay with me for quite some time to come.

Quote: zooo @ November 13 2012, 10:38 PM GMT

The green squishy thing will stay with me for quite some time to come.

I'm sure you could get rid of Aaron if you really wanted to.

I only gave it 10 mins before giving up on it.
Love the title of it but hate the rest of it.

Not a success.

I started to get excited with the BJ scene. It left me all limp and unfullfilled though!

This should be in Sitcom.

Quote: Badge @ November 13 2012, 11:11 PM GMT

This should be in Sitcom.

:D

Heinous crap. Made me sad. Teary

Objectively.

The writing was terrible, the plot was so old they should be charged for grave robbing. The main family characters had no screen time so looked 1 dimensional. 2 characters appeared in the living room weren't name checked then never appeared again.

The animation looked like an intern had tossed it out on a weekend. The voice work was terrible. Moss from The IT Crowd can't act he's always just the same character.

What a total dog's dinner.

I laughed more in the adverts. I laughed once during the ad breaks at the guy in a dressing gown on the tube. So total laugh count. 1 but because of an advert....Great start.

Quote: Gavin @ November 14 2012, 12:36 AM GMT

Objectively.

The writing was terrible, the plot was so old they should be charged for grave robbing. The main family characters had no screen time so looked 1 dimensional. 2 characters appeared in the living room weren't name checked then never appeared again.

The animation looked like an intern had tossed it out on a weekend. The voice work was terrible. Moss from The IT Crowd can't act he's always just the same character.

What a total dog's dinner.

I laughed more in the adverts. I laughed once during the ad breaks at the guy in a dressing gown on the tube. So total laugh count. 1 but because of an advert....Great start.

OK, yours is more eloquent.

A lot of it was shit. The animation is so bland. Little to no detail or shading whatsoever. Voice acting was awful, sounds like the sorts you'd hear in a kids show. Characters were poorly introduced and had very little personality. Just rip offs of other characters from different shows. Plot was ok for a pilot episode. It was a little funny. But not laugh out loud funny.

But it is the first episode so I'm really hoping it improves 'cause it would be great to have a British equivalent to The Simpsons or Family Guy. Pop culture references that I actually understand would be great, lol.

Quote: Barghest @ November 14 2012, 1:44 AM GMT

it would be great to have a British equivalent to The Simpsons or Family Guy.

It would indeed.
But this isn't it.
It was just witless nonsense - not a hint of cleverness.

There was Stressed Eric and that other the one about the couple whose name I forget.

There's been some good English animated Simpsons style comedy.

I didn't watch Full English the trailer was too off putting.