Me And Mrs Jones Page 9

Quote: Aaron @ December 11 2012, 1:41 PM GMT

Someone from a series not being axed, perhaps?

Even if the BBC were remotely bothered or even realised the connection, which I'm sure they're not, the trailers were filmed a while ago and Sarah Alexander booked in advance of filming. Are you expecting the BBC to edit her out or replace her with another actress just because her latest sitcom flopped? I'm pretty sure the BBC have bigger things to worry about.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ December 11 2012, 1:59 PM GMT

Even if the BBC were remotely bothered or even realised the connection, which I'm sure they're not, the trailers were filmed a while ago and Sarah Alexander booked in advance of filming. Are you expecting the BBC to edit her out or replace her with another actress just because her latest sitcom flopped? I'm pretty sure the BBC have bigger things to worry about.

And I'm pretty sure you're missing the point entirely. :)

Quote: Aaron @ December 11 2012, 2:01 PM GMT

And I'm pretty sure you're missing the point entirely. :)

Care to explain then?

It just seems your trying to make something out of nothing with the Christmas trailer. Who has noticed and who cares? The show flopped and rightly was axed. I don't know what more can be said.

If I was in charge I would make a flim of Me And Mrs Jones.

Quote: Wwe222 333 @ December 11 2012, 5:05 PM GMT

If I was in charge I would make a flim of Me And Mrs Jones.

A flop sitcom that gets a big screen adaptation...I wonder who'd pay for this project.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ December 11 2012, 7:19 PM GMT

A flop sitcom that gets a big screen adaptation...I wonder who'd pay for this project.

The makers of that horrible Keith Lemon film?

Quote: Pingl @ December 11 2012, 8:49 PM GMT

The makers of that horrible Keith Lemon film?

Keith Lemon is neither a sitcom nor a flop.

Quote: Ben700 @ December 12 2012, 12:31 PM GMT

I know I'm probably not the target audience and they air on different channels but I can't believe that the BBC have given Some Girls a 2nd series, whilst cancelling Me And Mrs Jones

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000998/some_girls_return_series_2_bbc_three/

Can't they lower the budget and stick it on BBC3? I'm sure it could at average the same figures as Some Girls

Me and Mrs Jones was terrible. Only seen some clips of Some Girls, looks too stupid!

Quote: Aaron @ December 12 2012, 5:07 AM GMT

Keith Lemon is neither a sitcom nor a flop.

neither is it comedy, and the film bombed

Quote: dennispennis123 @ December 11 2012, 1:59 PM GMT

Even if the BBC were remotely bothered or even realised the connection, which I'm sure they're not, the trailers were filmed a while ago and Sarah Alexander booked in advance of filming.

Without having any knowledge of the logistics or politics of Christmas trailer filming and screening, I nevertheless would guess that it is likely that the above is indeed quite likely. It seems very likely to me.

I hadn't watched the trailer until a few minutes ago. It seemed almost as bad as the Mrs. Jones show to me too. I know opinion was divided on this show and I did go on a bit about how poor I found it, but that was only because, when I watched it, I could not believe that intelligent adults had created it. I could have imagined it being handed in as a sitcom writing exercise by a brightish teenage girl, but not two experienced adult writers. It really did amaze me. I do love sitcoms and light entertainment, so I like to see them done well, even when it's not something that I'm going to particularly like myself. :D

Maybe the BBC will provide Ms. Alexander with something of a higher calibre now, by way of compensation?

With regard to viewing figures, I guess it is quite likely (again, I guess) that these are important but only form part of the decision regarding re-commissioning. Critical opinion in the wider Media is also important. As is whether or not any of the cast want to do it again.