Grandma's House - Series 2 Page 11

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 25 2012, 8:21 AM BST

Clive and the cousin were the only decent sitcom characters in there,

Wrong.

Every character is really strong and funny. The three female characters are brilliant.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 25 2012, 9:07 AM BST

Wrong.

Yes I was wrong. The cousin was only a half decent character, to be fair.

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2012, 9:11 AM BST

The three female characters are brilliant.

Why? Presumably because they are just female?

You have two stock 'sensible' characters (which are still needed in sitcom) and one reasonable 'character' in the auntie, but really nowhere near strong/bold or monstrous enough.

I think it's clear what you make of this show, to try and explain why we think you're wrong would be a bit pointless!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 25 2012, 9:58 AM BST

Why? Presumably because they are just female?

Oh for goodness sake. I couldn't be bothered to list out all their names (or look them up), realised they were all female, so termed them 'the three female characters' to save time. You really are a prat sometimes, Alfred. Please get over yourself.

Brilliant series. So much more than just a sitcom. Every character was interesting and funny in their own ways.

Excellent ending to an excellent sitcom. A breath of fresh air in a corporatised, bland, dying comedy landscape. Top marks.

The moment when the Gran told the story about looking for Aunt Liz was rather touching.

I found the finale a bit underwhelming, but really enjoyed Ben and Zazzy. The arm twisting bit was great and the way Ben said 'Cheesy Beans, they're really good' did crack me up.

Overall, a very solid series.

Will miss this. 'The sink is deranged' Laughing out loud

Though I was still enjoying it and laughing a lot at stuff, the last couple of episodes weren't as good I didn't think.

Okay, but not up the higher standards of the previous ten episodes.

Dan

I quite liked the final episode the cheesy beans bit, Simon singing and finally finding out he's not very good.

But I think Simon's not so good acting sticks out a bit like a sore thumb.

The gran stole the final episode for me. Her subtle heartbreak was great. The whole series was great I thought - hope they do a third

That's the thing; gran, mum, her sister and the drunk husband are all such top performers.

They can swamp the others a little. Albeir I love the pervy cousin.

I'll be happy if it doesn't return for a 3rd series, because like The Office (UK), it's great with just 2 seasons.