10 O'Clock Live - Series 2 Page 7

Starkey's always a brilliant laugh, and that was no exception. Loved Brooker's dissection of this Kony stuff too. Funny, interesting and informative.

I watched the last 40 minutes, and then the first 20 in some plus one shennanigans.
I thought this would work as it often starts well & then tails away.

Trust me to pick the one time it was probably better in the right order.

Enjoyed it though & and am glad I watched it in a strange live plus one type of way. because that's what live telly is all about these days.

Last time I heard David Mitchell's rant it was against Sean Penn for daring to air opinions about the Falklands/Malvinas dispute, when he was merely a crappy film star.

We were then treated to a diatribe over the issue by the star of Magicians.

Quote: Nogget @ March 9 2012, 2:23 PM GMT

I hadn't thought about it before, but maybe she functions as the straight (wo)man, and actually brings an important quality to the proceedings?

I'm not certain, but I think at the start of the first series, she was the only one with live television experience, and she seemed to take on the role of in-show director at times. It's like she's doing the job of David Frost on That Was The Week That Was. I think maybe they have told the other three that she has the final say in moving pieces on, to prevent them descending into a braying bearpit of punchlines. Laughing out loud

Not that she isn't funny in her own right though - I like her pieces by the TV screen that she does. They are usually laced with a nice seam of sarcasm.

Quote: Aaron @ March 15 2012, 1:40 AM GMT

Loved Brooker's dissection of this Kony stuff too. Funny, interesting and informative.

Charlie Brooker is a genius: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpuB11d0Gog

Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ March 15 2012, 1:40 AM GMT

Loved Brooker's dissection of this Kony stuff too.

Isn't that his wife?

Laughing out loud *spits tea out due to unforeseen laugh* Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 15 2012, 12:02 AM GMT

I'm now going to consider the irony of the female quota argument in relation to Lauren being on the show.

Was that more or less ironic than when she was making fun of the unfunny stand-up MP?

Hooray! Kony 2012 got a Brooker macheteing!

Really disappointing this week. Aside from the cringeworthy topic on Christianity (yes, how original!) featuring the comedy vicar, the worst bit of the show was the first round table discussion.

Lauren was asking the joke puppets about their opinions of things happening in the news and they all looked genuinely surprised and lost for words. Top tip: If you are making a topical show, read the f**king news and have some quips ready you lazy whores.

Unfortunately, when the comedy monkeys can't deliver the goods, Lauren just sits there like a dead pale fish, waiting for commands from the director to quickly move things along as they're losing the crowd. Again the irony of someone being replaced by a Tesco self service machine was not lost on me.

Jimmy's truck driver skit was just the one human trafficking joke repeated over and over again and not one of these idiots has brought up the hypocracy of charging road tolls and every driver paying road tax. (To be fair, none of the other brain dead commentators in any media has made the link either, the retards)

After last week's spectacular return to form, tonight seemed a really wasted opportunity.

That was one hell of a picture of Ken Livingstone.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 21 2012, 11:08 PM GMT

Top tip: If you are making a topical show, read the f**king news and have some quips ready you lazy whores.

Mitchell's been busy shagging.

Quote: zooo @ March 21 2012, 11:20 PM GMT

That was one hell of a picture of Ken Livingstone.

He's like our Putin.

Quote: zooo @ March 21 2012, 11:20 PM GMT

Mitchell's been busy shagging.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

With his horned viper up against the wall?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 21 2012, 11:24 PM GMT

He's like our Putin.

He wrestles newts?