Him & Her - Series 2 Page 3

I think it's very good, extremely easy to watch.

I do hope Steve's mum's boyfriend becomes a fixture. His Tourettes style was excellent.

Great comedy...

Some brilliantly crafted lines and above all it's not trying too hard.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 20 2011, 10:42 AM GMT

Okay I mixed up Kerry Howard with Sarah Solemani as I assumed you were talking about the female lead.

Kerry Howard is excellent. Sarah Solemani is useless and unlikeable and looks like the title character from the Cher film Mask.

I disagree...
Sarah Solemani is the subtle stabilty and is very understated whilst the characters around her become more and more exaggerations of themselves. Her sister being one...she started slowly in the first series and is now full of it. Some of her lines are brilliant.

One of the better comedies on TV at the moment.

Will Andrews was utterly outstanding in this last night. Brilliant. And well done to Stefan Golaszewski for the way the tone changed during his visit to the loo. Brilliant writing and acting all round there.

This series is better. I genuinely don't know whether I'm going to love or hate it from week to week (from a character point-of-view).

I laughed an awful lot watching this episode last night though.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ December 1 2011, 9:37 AM GMT

Will Andrews was utterly outstanding in this last night.

He was completely brilliant.

The kid and the 'boner' oh dear oh dear - I tried not to laugh :)

Getting better every week.

A sex offender humping a parrot. Awkward to watch but great silly physical comedy.

I liked series 1 but series 2 is much better. Feels more together, and of course is genuinely funnier. Like the connections with other episodes (mentions of Julie, Laura being racist etc).

Wiki has episode 7 (13th Dec) as a Christmas special, isn't that just a normal episode? That said, last week had a Christmas tree star being used as a weapon, ha.

Happy this has got a third series. Looks like Tovey made a good choice recently.

Episode 7 is not a special. Presumably the Wikipedia contributor has assumed that as it is beyond the regular 6 episodes. All the detail's in our guide, however.

Anyone know if there's a problem with episode 5, "The Rollover"? I missed it last Tuesday and it wasn't repeated as scheduled on Friday - Little Britain was on instead (unless I cocked up the recording).

Also not on iPlayer!

Quote: blahblah @ November 8 2011, 4:58 PM GMT

I'm shocked this is back for a second series. It reminds me of Seinfeld without the jokes. As you can guess I'm not a fan. They seem to want realism then add an overally social inept neighbor and an overally stupid sister. It leaves me cold - any BCGers like this?

Well said!

Thought the most recent episode was the most disappointing yet. The kid was absolutely unbearable, but I guess that was the point. And I can't decide whether Becky is attractive or not, it's very unsettling.

Maybe the actress is attractive, but the character is so utterly repellent it confuses your eyes?

Haha, yeah, you may be on to something.

Quote: Dene Kernohan @ December 6 2011, 10:51 AM GMT

Anyone know if there's a problem with episode 5, "The Rollover"? I missed it last Tuesday and it wasn't repeated as scheduled on Friday - Little Britain was on instead (unless I cocked up the recording).

Also not on iPlayer!

I'm pretty sure I recorded one of the repeats, although I'm afraid I couldn't tell you which one. There could very well have been some pathetic, moaning moron complaining about one or two things in it, but letting on what they are will spoiler the episode for you.

Quote: Aaron @ December 6 2011, 2:50 PM GMT

I'm pretty sure I recorded one of the repeats, although I'm afraid I couldn't tell you which one. There could very well have been some pathetic, moaning moron complaining about one or two things in it, but letting on what they are will spoiler the episode for you.

Ha ha! Well, the first repeat late last Tuesday (i.e. Wed am) was probably on - that's the one I usually record. But I'm thinking it disappeared thereafter.

Still not on iPlayer, but eps 1-4 are - definitely something going on.