Him & Her - Series 2 Page 2

Well once again I loved it (episode 2)

I loved the pathos of the neighbor pleading to stay the night and then him tenderly moving the drunken girls hair from her face.

The nasty sister continues to be oblivious of her horrible ways but at least she has the fiance she deserves. He is a bit scary!

I think it is well written and well observed and a 'must' watch for me.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ November 15 2011, 1:20 PM GMT

He is a bit scary!

He's bloody terrifying!
But yes, so is she, so fair enough.

Oh my God, why are they all so horrible? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Do the writers know any nice people? Is this what their lives are like?

I am so depressed now.

That was better -- I enjoyed that one more and at least there were some laughs.

At least I felt some sympathy with Steve and Becky here and there were a lot of good laughs. Much better than episode 2.

Dan

I like this show a lot -- but Laura's a racist now?!

Her characterisation has changed quite a bit since S1, I think. She's a really horrible person now, she was dim last year but not *that* unpleasant.

Wasn't there an episode last year where she was chiding Steve for using the term "black"?

But aside from that, I think the show's good. Very funny, very truthful (if far-fetched - someone would have torn Becky's dad off a strip before now, he's a total git).

I think the implication was that Laura didn't really understand the BNP's attitudes, and due to her ... low intellect, let's call it, she'd been drawn in by the few wish-washy policies they have on other issues.

I'm not sure she's changed at all. I found her just as skin-crawling in Series 1 as now.

This show is utter crud and the two leads are hugely unlikeable.

I've heard that the actress who plays Laura, is Russell Howard's sister. Is that true?

It is crap.

Unfortunately for Him and Her I am watching it in tandem with Teachers, to which I have been introduced for the first time via the gift of 4OD. That perfectly strikes a balance between realism and comedy, whilst remaining engaging and actually funny.

I was able to stick the first series of H&H, just about, but I would have expected there to have been some progression into this series. If anything it has regressed.

Russell Tovey's portrayal of a childish, self-involved man is plain irritating: compare and contrast Andrew Lincoln as Simon in the aforementioned show. Tovey's high voice and exaggerated mannerisms are almost reminiscent of Harry Enfield's Scousers - you half expect him to say 'calm down, calm down!' and his face doesn't help matters much. And Sarah Solemani just seems to smirk and mumble insults all the time. Hilarious. They are, as others have said, rather unlikeable and annoying.

I like a good fart gag as much as the next man but this series doesn't even do that properly: they merely talk about going to the bog all the time and sit about. This programme makes me feel trapped, like I'm at a boring relative's house for half and hour without even being offered a cup of tea to suspend the gloom.

There are no jokes, no real interplay, no plot to speak of. I know a crap sitcom when I see one - I wrote one when I was 21 - and this fits into that category.

The only thing worth paying attention to is Joe Wilkinson's performance as Dan, which needs to be lifted out of this mire and put to better use elsewhere.

Quote: groovydude89 @ November 17 2011, 3:49 PM GMT

I've heard that the actress who plays Laura, is Russell Howard's sister. Is that true?

Kerry Howard, yes.

See http://russellrunsthemarathon.tumblr.com/post/522061890/russell-howard-his-brother-daniel-and-his-sister

Quote: Aaron @ November 17 2011, 4:26 PM GMT

Kerry Howard, yes.

See http://russellrunsthemarathon.tumblr.com/post/522061890/russell-howard-his-brother-daniel-and-his-sister

She's on Twitter as TheKerryHoward.

Quote: Aaron @ November 17 2011, 4:26 PM GMT

Kerry Howard, yes.

Finally a reason to dislike Russell Howard...

Laughing out loud

Okay I mixed up Kerry Howard with Sarah Solemani as I assumed you were talking about the female lead.

Kerry Howard is excellent. Sarah Solemani is useless and unlikeable and looks like the title character from the Cher film Mask.

Harsh!