Him & Her - Series 2

I've just found out this is on again! Missed episode 1 already. Will catch up tonight.

Needed a thread though. Surprised it's not got one already. Anyone watching? Are the characters more likeable yet?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 8 2011, 12:00 PM GMT

I've just found out this is on again!

You don't read our newsletter. Or front page. This makes us sad. :(

Anyone watching?

Yep.

Are the characters more likeable yet?

Nope.

I'm shocked this is back for a second series. It reminds me of Seinfeld without the jokes. As you can guess I'm not a fan. They seem to want realism then add an overally social inept neighbor and an overally stupid sister. It leaves me cold - any BCGers like this?

Quote: blahblah @ November 8 2011, 4:58 PM GMT

I'm shocked this is back for a second series. It reminds me of Seinfeld without the jokes. As you can guess I'm not a fan. They seem to want realism then add an overally social inept neighbor and an overally stupid sister. It leaves me cold - any BCGers like this?

Wave I like it. Not great, but mildly entertaining.

Him is gay you know.
Stands to reason with ears like his.
It means you have to be ridden with handles like that.

Loving series 2 BTW!

Didn't watch the first series, watched it last night and thought, bloody hell, how does this get made? Everything so awkward, like in every other comedy since The Office. Let me stress for some comedy writers, don't trust this comedy equation;

odd characters + awkwardness = comedy gold

It is important to realise this is not a given.

I think it's taken about 1 and a quarter series, but it's finally grown on me.
I now find it strangely compelling.
Whereas I used to just find it grim and depressing.

I'm still enjoying it. Dan the next door neighbour is the best character.

I like the fact that the show is in 'real time'.

I'm a fan too. Watched every episode and I like the characters. I also like the writing. I find myself wondering about the script and whether the little looks and facial expressions were all written or if the actors add them.
And it doesn't harm looking at Becky, she'd be my kinda gal when I was a lad.

Quote: Aaron @ November 8 2011, 4:41 PM GMT

You don't read our newsletter. Or front page. This makes us sad. :(

I do, just had a really busy week so skimmed over it. Unfortunately missed that this was on and The Big Bang Theory had started again. And that's probably one of the best sitcoms *ever*!

Quote: zooo @ November 9 2011, 3:41 PM GMT

I think it's taken about 1 and a quarter series, but it's finally grown on me.
I now find it strangely compelling.
Whereas I used to just find it grim and depressing.

I agree with zooo, as usual.

It just seemed better than last time and I think Becky and Steve were more likeable simply because everyone else who came in was more unlikeable.

I did laugh at the 'I've got three words for you, Steve:' bit. A lot.

I assume (and hope) that the stag-do arranging runs for the whole series.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 10 2011, 9:25 AM GMT

I Unfortunately missed that this was on and The Big Bang Theory had started again. And that's probably one of the best sitcoms *ever*!

:O

I watched episode 2 last night. I've never watched an episode of any sitcom ever where everyone was so unlikeable. I didn't know how I was supposed to feel towards any of the characters. Becky is the 'nicest' (for want of a better word) but you lose sympathy for her completely as she stays with Steve for no reason I could fathom.

The episode wasn't very funny either, unfortunately. It's making it very hard to like.

Dan

It works for me, I know what to expect, I know I'm not going to split my sides laughing at it, but I like to cringe at the slobiness of them all, which is its main aim I suppose. While unlikeable, they are strangely likeable I feel, they're all harmless quite nice people under the slobiness.

I haven't watched every one but as yet haven't seen any drug use. If I did I'd turn it off. It has a childlike charm about it so I don't think we'll see any of it, although you look at the state of the place and instantly think they're a bunch of druggies. The neighbour is one of the great sitcom weirdos.

I think Steve is the only nice character.