Jimmy Savile on HIGNFY - was this a HOAX? Page 9

Quote: sootyj @ October 2 2012, 6:30 PM BST

How about he was just a deeplly eccentric fellow with no sex drive?

If these suspiciously consistent rumours are anything to go by, he had quite the sex drive. With a big 'RR' on the front.

Quote: sootyj @ October 2 2012, 6:30 PM BST

How about he was just a deeplly eccentric fellow with no sex drive?

Just like a bloke I used to work with who turned out to be paedo. When we learned the truth it all made sense.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ October 2 2012, 5:39 PM BST

I am the last person to accuse anyone of anything but when the evidence is there then yes, I think finger pointing and vilification is justified.

Laughing out loud

Good man!

Quote: chipolata @ October 2 2012, 3:53 PM BST

Why? Do your children have a lot of contact with the TV/film industry?

My 2 oldest daughters are aspiring young actresses they only do stage stuff at the moment, but want to progress in to the TV industry and I am 100% for that.

All I am saying is, if anyone is found guilty of downloading just 1 pic of a naked kid they should never ever be allowed to work alongside children again.

It's like Pete Townshend from The Who, he was busted for nearly 20,000 pics of naked kids. When it went to court he said it was for research purposes for a book..that was something like 2003! Where is the book?

Actually police found that Pete Townshend had downloaded no illegal images of children. Link. He was prosecuted for accessing an illegal website and was placed on the sex offender's register for five years but has now been removed.

You hang-em-high types are almost always laughably ill-informed.

The book he claims to have been researching is to be published on the 11 October.

No-one would choose to be a paedophile. Apart from facing the unremitting ire of the law and the population at large they have to deal with the knowledge that any sexual intimacy or relief possible to them comes at a terrible price to any child involved. These people truly are cursed.

I've managed to obtain a copy of that infamous episode of Have I Got News For You.

In it, Jimmy does remark that he's feared in every girl's school in the country - however the remainder of the transcript is definitely fictitious.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 3 2012, 12:41 AM BST

Actually police found that Pete Townshend had downloaded no illegal images of children. Link. He was prosecuted for accessing an illegal website and was placed on the sex offender's register for five years but has now been removed.

You hang-em-high types are almost always laughably ill-informed.

The book he claims to have been researching is to be published on the 11 October.

I also seem to remember that, whilst researching his book, and before he went on the website, he asked his lawyer about it, his lawyer obviously advised him not to, but he went ahead anyway. So only guilty of being a bit stupid.

Going to close this thread for a while now, as the wider discussion of Savile goes far away from the HIGNFY issue.

Hoax seemingly confirmed, and case closed: http://thejohnfleming.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/jimmy-savile-the-birth-of-a-paedophile-hoax-on-have-i-got-news-for-you/ :)