Sirens

Saw an advert for this new comedy drama and it looked funny.

Discuss.

Looking forward to it. Seems like it could be quite good; depends how the balance of comedy and drama is played out.

It just looks like a Green Wing rip-off to me.

I don't know, Johnny. We'll have to wait and see.

As I work for the ambualance service back home in the UK, I'm REALLY hoping this will be good and put the ambulance guys as a whole in a good light.

For those that are interested, Sirens is 'loosely' based on a blog by London ambualnce technician Brian Kellet (under the moniker Tom Reynolds). 2 books have been released based on his blog which I would HIGHLY recommend (and I'm not just saying that becuase I work for the ambo service ;) ).

Why did no-one tell me Kayvan Novak was in this? I will most definitely watch it now.

Why are they being vague about the start date? All I keep hearing is "The end of June" - seeing as it's nearly the end of June, would it's place in the schedule not be confirmed by now?

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 17 2011, 11:25 PM BST

Why did no-one tell me Kayvan Novak was in this? I will most definitely watch it now.

No one could spell it.

Quote: Ben @ June 18 2011, 5:53 PM BST

Why are they being vague about the start date? All I keep hearing is "The end of June" - seeing as it's nearly the end of June, would it's place in the schedule not be confirmed by now?

Monday 27th according to the advert I just saw.

Tonight at 10.

I'm looking forward to this because I know Rhys Thomas reads all our words closely and he's a big fan of robust criticism.

Well that's nice of him, considering he was in The Fast Show, a bit.

It's a bit dreary. And by a bit, I mean a lot.

Is this the first episode?

I wouldn't call it a comedy drama - more a drama with a few amusing incidents.

I think the amount of F***ing is a bit unnecessary though.

Sorry, given this 15 mins and it just isn't doing it for me. I was expecting a cross between Casualty and It Shouldn't Happen To a Vet.