It's a mystery to me I'm afraid... Page 18

Ha, that is ridiculously big!
Has to be done though.
It wasn't the When Harry Met Sally diner place was it?

I see a nice bit of mustard in there, but no salad at all? not even a couple of slivers of tomato, they're a hardcore lot over there.

I'm sure it was excellently cooked and everything, but it does look a bit dry and chewy without many condiments/extras.

I like my extras in a sandwich. My sister made me laugh once when visiting over here. At a sandwich bar she asked for a salad sandwich...coleslaw, tomato, lettuce, cucumber etc, but where we come from this type of sandwich includes meat (it's an Irish thing!) so the assistant went ahead and put all the salad things in, right at the end as the assistant was about to close it my sister said , oh you forgot the ham.

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2011, 12:22 PM BST

Ha, that is ridiculously big!
Has to be done though.
It wasn't the When Harry Met Sally diner place was it?

Yep, tis indeed that one.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 23 2011, 12:35 PM BST

I see a nice bit of mustard in there, but no salad at all? not even a couple of slivers of tomato, they're a hardcore lot over there.

We had a side plate of gerkins and I can say it was most definitely not chewy or dry. It was beautiful.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 23 2011, 12:35 PM BST

Trust me, lettuce and tomatoes would ruin a pastrami sandwich. It's all about the lusciously moist and tasty meat (and, to a lesser extent, the bread) and anything else would be a distraction.

I can imagine that actually. I watched Billy Connolly Route 66 on T.V.and the American food / diners etc along the way is a big part of that programme. The food looks so delicious I would love to sample ALL of it. Hungry now.

Quote: EllieJP @ September 23 2011, 12:58 PM BST

Yep, tis indeed that one.

We had a side plate of gerkins and I can say it was most definitely not chewy or dry. It was beautiful.

Funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnz!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 23 2011, 1:18 PM BST

I can imagine that actually. I watched Billy Connolly Route 66 on T.V.and the American food / diners etc along the way is a big part of that programme. The food looks so delicious I would love to sample ALL of it.

Check out this website if you ever follow through: http://www.roadfood.com/

The front page even happens to be featuring a huge pastrami sandwich at the moment.

That meat sandwich wouldn't look out of place on Dr Who. The fruit pie and icecream, now that I would travel for.

That reminds me that I need to drive 70 miles to a place that's famous for its pies: http://bluebonnetcafe.net/

They have pie happy hour!

I want to live there!

Quote: EllieJP @ September 23 2011, 9:45 AM BST

Of course I did.

Nom nom nom.

:O