It's a mystery to me I'm afraid... Page 16

Barbeques. My heart sinks if someone invites me to a barbeque. What is the attraction of standing outside eating lots of meat?

Thank God it's nearly winter.

Quote: dellas @ May 11 2011, 9:12 PM BST

Angry He pissed on my toothbrush AND flannel, also on cups plates, and dishcloth.

Why?

Quote: Kaytee @ September 22 2011, 1:18 PM BST

Barbeques. My heart sinks if someone invites me to a barbeque. What is the attraction of standing outside eating lots of meat?

Thank God it's nearly winter.

Ha! I love barbecue food (and the smell of it, yummy), but I do prefer to take it indoors and eat it off a plate with a proper knife and fork. (I am just so much fun...)

Don't really like eating outdoors at all. Wind flipping my hair in my mouth, flies and wasps everywhere, sun making me squint. HIGHLY UNPLEASANT!

Too true, but I do leave the patio door open just to be sociable.

And it's soooo predictable. The first warm & sunny weekend of the year: 'Come over, we're having a barbeque!'.

NO! Or only if I can sit indoors with Zooo and Shandonbelle.

*high five*

Eating out. OK, so there's no washing up to do, and there's the potential to experience new dishes, but most restaurants* I can afford to eat at serve food which is worse than I can do at home, and of course costs a lot more. Then there's the surroundings, which might be nice...might be, but too often are cramped and bloody noisy. Sure, Pizza Express, your hard-surfaced restaurant probably looks nice in photos, but every sound is amplified to excruciating levels. Last time I went, someone dropped a glass and the crash was so loud that a baby started wailing...which hardly helped matters. Also, there's always the chance that your food will take several decades to arrive.

*Of course, very rarely you come across something genuinely good. And thankfully there's no smoking permitted any more.

Quote: Kaytee @ September 22 2011, 1:18 PM BST

Your friends must not be very good cooks because good BBQ is worth standing outside in pouring rain, pounding sun or driving snow. And then there's the beer ...

Why are Americans fat again?

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2011, 4:20 PM BST

Because they shoot things

us fighty brits have to chase our victims down and beat them to death with our shoes.

A fine aerobic workout.

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2011, 4:20 PM BST

We're only 5% behind them....

http://www.expatify.com/news/the-worlds-top-10-fattest-countries.html

Quote: EllieJP @ September 22 2011, 4:26 PM BST

We're only 5% behind them....

http://www.expatify.com/news/the-worlds-top-10-fattest-countries.html

My trips to the UK and Germany have shown me that our countries are equally chubby. I raise a pint and plate of BBQ to you, fellow fatties! ;)

Laughing out loud Indeed.

Although I did see some really really really massive ones in NY.

Quote: EllieJP @ September 22 2011, 4:46 PM BST

Although I did see some really really really massive ones in NY.

I don't recall seeing many super-obese people in NYC. There seems to be a correlation between poverty, race and obesity, thus our fattest states tend to be places like Mississippi. What strange times we live in when the poorest people are the fattest people.

We were in a deli which served massive sandwiches...