Richard Bacon's Beer & Pizza Club Page 2

Oh, .................(speechless) I honestly didn't think it would be that bad!

Well, that certainly wasn't great, but I don't think it was too shoddy. The format is terribly, terribly susceptible to the guests though, and Charlie Baker was shockingly bad. He's on next week too!

But I found a few good laughs, and I think with the right mix of guests the pace could pick up; there's certainly potential in it.

Richard Bacon you healthy mobile person you, please remember that within seconds of waking up, or even before you wake, you could become physically disabled in some way.

If you do in some unfortunate way suffer a physical disabilty and you manage to learn to cope emotionally and physically and then learn to drive with your disability, remember that the next time you visit a supermarket and find all the disabled parking bays full and half of them taken by twats who think they can park there just because a bay is empty and you have to force yourself in extreme pain to walk a further 100 metres just to enter the door of the store, that on the first show of your programme you thought it best that "the amount of disabled bays at supermarkets should be reduced".

Think before you speak please.

Why not visit a few supermarkets now with a disabled driver and see for yourself how difficult it is to find a free space.

Stay a day in your own major supermarket see how many cars actually have disabled badges displayed in their windows and wait until the owners return to their cars and inform them of their oversight and see what reaction you get.

I was shouted at & verbally abused by 3 people for pointing out to a motor cyclist that he was in a disabled bay, they too were parked incorrectly in clearly marked disabled bays of course.

An elderly disbled lady shopper recently called to the store security staff for assistance one morning as she saw that an able bodied shopper just parked leaving no disabled spaces for her and was told that there was nothing they could do as they didnt own the car park !!!

Think on Mr Bacon before you open your mouth please !

BTW The first show was absolute rubbish I don't think I will bother giving it a second chance, but thanks for being on ITV at least no percentage of the licence fee has been wasted on you.

Quote: Spyda @ September 22 2010, 11:13 PM BST

Richard Baker, you healthy mobile person you, please remember that within seconds of waking up, or even before you wake, you could become physically disabled in some way.

If you do in some unfortunate way suffer a physical disabilty and you manage to learn to cope emotionally and physically and then learn to drive with your disability, remember that the next time you visit a supermarket and find all the disabled parking bays full and half of them taken by twats who think they can park there just because a bay is empty and you have to force yourself in extreme pain to walk a further 100 metres just to enter the door of the store, that on the first show of your programme you thought it best that "the amount of disabled bays at supermarkets should be reduced".

Think before you speak please.

Why not visit a few supermarkets now with a disabled driver and see for yourself how difficult it is to find a free space.

Stay a day in your own major supermarket see how many cars actually have disabled badges displayed in their windows and wait until the owners return to their cars and inform them of their oversight and see what reaction you get.

I was shouted at & verbally abused by 3 people for pointing out to a motor cyclist that he was in a disabled bay, they too were parked incorrectly in clearly marked disabled bays of course.

An elderly disbled lady shopper recently called to the store security staff for assistance one morning as she saw that an able bodied shopper just parked leaving no disabled spaces for her and was told that there was nothing they could do as they didnt own the car park !!!

Think on Mr Baker before you open your mouth please !

BTW The first show was absolute rubbish I don't think I will bother giving it a second chance, but thanks for being on ITV at least no percentage of the licence fee has been wasted on you.

Hear hear! Shame on you, Mr Baker! Angry

Perhaps if there were less spaces non-disabled drivers would have more respect for them?

That joke suddenly got shorter.
This forum has taught you well old Jedi.
:D :P ;)

Not you SootyJ BTW I was talking to the successful one.

Dreadful show. Wouldn't trust these guys to take charge of a tombola at a village fete.

Quote: don rushmore @ September 23 2010, 12:29 AM BST

Wouldn't trust these guys to take charge of a tombola at a village fete.

Over at the BBC, 'Creative Head of Tombola Vision & Fete Diversity' is a highly competitive, six-figure salary post.

(Satire there, you see?)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 22 2010, 11:26 PM BST

Hear hear! Shame on you, Mr Baker! Angry

Ah, I do apologise I got your name wrong Mr Bacon, but I have corrected it now.

Thanks for pointing it out so politely though Tim Wanker.

No need to get personal!

Quote: Spyda @ September 22 2010, 11:13 PM BST

But, remember, every time you buy a product that has been advertised on ITV4 you are funding this programme.

Quote: Spyda @ September 23 2010, 4:00 AM BST

Thanks for pointing it out so politely though Tim Wanker.

What a way with words you have! You are clearly highly skilled at gaining sympathy and empathy for your plight and concerns.

I'd just like to point out to Spyda that despite all appearances (and a fair amount of evidence to the contrary) this show was meant to be funny, a comedy show, therefore not everything said would be entirely 100% what the person thinks, some of it might've been exaggerated for comic effect.

Far be it for me to defend Richard Bacon, who I think is a talentless, real life Alan Partridge, but firstly he was saying there were too many "Mother and Toddler" spaces NOT disabled bays (this was a point Charlie Baker raised, not Bacon's original point) and secondly, it's a comedy show, it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Also I love the fact that you've thrown a tantrum about someone joking about closing disabled bays but, presumably, having a day where it's legal to punch someone in the face is okay with you?

To be fair, that was a solid joke formula he used and I can't think of another mispelt letter that would have worked. He may not have meant the personal affect, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt myself.

And he's right to slag the show off, yet more lazily developed exclusively laddish humour that's using a model that's ancient now. Skinner and Baddiel did exactly this formula 15, that's fifteen, years ago! No wonder they couldn't get a more mainstream channel to take it on. It was so terrible, it's the first time I've ever felt sympathy for Bacon. He looked like he knew it was bombing and there were a lot of 'Ooh dear, what am I doing here' looks from the guests.

A black mark finally in the excellent record of ITV4. Maybe creating new TV is not their thing.

I have just found this on On Demand. I am watching it.

Ooooh Phil Nichol! (fingers crossed)

Okay so it wasn't the WORST thing I've ever seen. (I think I missed the part about parking bays). An okay setup, which with a better host could work well.

I enjoyed Phil Nichol. Gino DeCampo (sp?) is a joyless boob. I can remember little about the other fella other than the fact I share his views on Kyli Minogue.