Star Wars

Fantastic movie, and a brilliant Trilogy to begin with.
Somewhat distilled by the more recent disappointing prequels.

If youngsters watch it nowadays do they prefer the original movies I wonder?

Anyway what reminded me of this was seeing something about a new deleted scene from Return of the Jedi has anyone seen that?

I saw it. Something in nothing really isn't it?

Did you have action figures or anything back in the day Nil?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 25 2010, 9:24 PM BST

If youngsters watch it nowadays do they prefer the original movies I wonder?

I often wonder what order 'youngsters' now watch them in. They probably watch them in order I'd imagine, but this would ruin the reveal of Vader being Luke's father.

I enjoy the new animated series, Star Wars The Clone Wars. It didn't start well but really got going towards the end of the first season and through the second.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 25 2010, 9:29 PM BST

Did you have action figures or anything back in the day Nil?

Yes, a few, but we was poor. A kidding I used to live by had EVERYTHING! :( Bastard.

I still have my small collection. :D

Used to love Star Wars as a kid, had a toy At-At Walker and everything, but can't be arsed with it now.

My 10 year old neice loves Star Wars. She says she prefers the original 3, but she could just be parroting whoever introduced her to them (not me), probably not though.

My mother gave away all my star ways stuff. Doh!!!!! Boxes and everything!

Me, at home, relaxing during my recent brush with asthma.

Laughing out loud

I had R2, Luke, Leia, Ben Kenobi & Darth Vader.

No Han or C3PO
:(

Apparently there was a much darker ending in mind for Jedi, but Lucas, being mainly interested in money, vetoed it.

I had a C3PO whose arms and legs came off, like in Empire.

I had a Speeder Bike that 'exploded' when you pressed the button. And a Ton-Ton with the slit belly I could hide my Han Solo in. :D

I have a couple of the ROTJ figures mint on card.

I also had the black Luke (from Empire), a Gamorrean Guard, a Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Obi Wan, a couple of ewoks, an Imperial Guard, Lando Calrissian, Chewi & Nien Nunb. I might have had a Boba Fett too (maybe).

I also have this somewhere (although I think I've lost the lightsaber). http://www.starwarstoybox.com/319-vintage-star-wars-12-inch-action-figure-luke-skywalker.html

I had a youngster suggest to me the original trilogy should be remade!! Which got me thinking about modern day casting.

Luke -> Michael Cera
Han -> Ice Cube
Obi Wan -> Leslie Nielson
Leia -> Rosie O'Donnell

Perhaps :)