Star Wars Page 10

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 18th April 2015, 9:56 PM BST

But clearly, as this clip goes, she is the most prominent protagonist.
Put together with Skywalker's 'You have that power too,' the assumption is a fair one that she is Skywalker's daughter and is to take over from dad. No?

How are you so sure that the black guy isn't Luke's son? He would have the force as well, right?

Could be Han & Leia's son or daughter

Han and Leia split up shortly after Return of the Jedi when Han realised he loved Chewie, they've been together since.

Quote: Ben @ 19th April 2015, 10:34 AM BST

How are you so sure that the black guy isn't Luke's son? He would have the force as well, right?

Well, for one, clearly the girl features much more prominently.
Also, the guy is black, right? Luke is white?
I'd be grateful if nobody here tries to tie me a noose, claiming that I'm racist. But to look at them, the two are clearly not related.
And Luke's speech implies a relation.

Meanwhile, I think one scene in the trailer is of someone handing over a light sabre. The hand of the one receiving it appears to be female.
Again, this would point to the girl.

So does really nobody else think this is the reveal of the video? That the girl is Skywalker Jr? These are just random people?

To my mind, the trailer is a first in a series of clips which is to gradually introduce the audience to the new world of JJ Abraham's Star Wars, before the film launches.

This clip seems to say, 'Star Wars: The Next Generation'.
And rather than a bald Picard here we have Miss Skywalker.

Am I really the only guy who sees it that way?

P.S. Nogget & Co., clearly I have (once again) tried to move away from the waif warriors and back to the actual subject of the thread: Star Wars. In this case, the recently released trailer. I know I'm the one who brought up the waif warriors. But given that you all claim to be so tired and uninterested, why keep trying to go back to this issue?
I could easily deal with some of the arguments coming my way here, but then you'd accuse me of dwelling on the subject. No? So, why not just move on... :)

The rumour I've read is that Daisy Ridley's character is the daughter of Princess Leia (and, presumably Han Solo?), so Luke's niece, which would explain Luke's reprisal of the "My father has it, I have it..." speech to Leia in the Ewok village.

The interesting thing, to me, is that in the new trailer, Luke still says "My father HAS it", not "had it", suggesting that Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader still exists in some form, possibly as a Force spirit (a la Obiwan in "Empire" and "RotJ")?

Also, if you look at the hand giving the lightsabre to the female hand receiving it, it appears to not be human. It's certainly not Luke's hand.

It looks very good. Nice drip feeding by the brains in suits. As far as I am concerned this is the 4th film. I do not count the prequels and I predict that my era are going to reclaim Star Wars.

I think I've only ever seen a few scenes from the prequels and I certainly don't count them either.

Even though they happened.

My feelings on the prequels...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg

Let's face it
It's going to be a bit shit
But nowhere near as shit as the other extra movies
And seeing Luke Han, Leia & the old starships will be enough for us all to love it

My parents, kids and grandson will be flying in from California and Florida for Christmas, so I just purchased tickets for a matinee showing on December 21st at a nice theater that serves great beer and good food during the show. They've switched to reserved seating, so we won't have to fight the crowds or stand in line.

Matinee tickets were only $7(£4.50), so I was glad to see that they weren't price gouging.

Type this -

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

into the Google search box..... excellent gimmick

Koo Stark was in Star Wars but they removed the scenes she was in before it went into the cinema.

Not a lot of people know that - except me and you! :)

Been playing Star Wars battlefront on ps4

It's a hoot!

Who else has there tickets for Wednesday night premier?