Sherlock Page 58

But he wouldn't need it back, if he already knew it to tell him in the first place (regardless of whether exists or not!).

Still think it's interesting that they specified Russian assassin who didn't get killed, although my cyrillic alphabet spot is probably irrelevant! Periodic table invented by a Russian, mercury and possibly U(ranium) featured, can't recall what the other samples throughout were, maybe code was insinuating a place on periodic table where element that could help with imagery techniques or other is?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 16 2012, 1:55 PM GMT

It was the real one. Whatever happened, he was up there when he was talking to Moriarty.

Are you sure he wasn't a robot full of time travelling Numb Skulls or whatever?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 16 2012, 2:04 PM GMT

Are you sure he wasn't a robot full of time travelling Numb Skulls or whatever?

You're thinking of SootyJ.

I wasn't necessarily proposing a doppelganger. My first thought during the scene when the girl screamed was that he'd used pictures, like AJGO says, then I thought maybe Moriarty wore a Sherlock mask (which could be used again later by Sherlock on the body). But then also, having someone plastic surgeried (especially against their will) to look like Sherlock seems quite a fun, horrible, Moriarty thing to do too.

They have a morgue full of bodies, not too difficult to use one of those.
Was Sherlock's scarf tied the same way when we saw the body as when he put it on?

Not that I actually believe the "doppelganger" theory but some people have suggested that if it was a fake Sherlock who committed suicide it makes the conversation with Watson interestingly literal i.e. when he was telling him that he was a fake, etc.

I am so going to have to watch this again...

Hey Stott what do you say when you see yo mama weeping?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 16 2012, 2:07 PM GMT

You're thinking of SootyJ.

I am indeed a big cad.

Was the 'actor' Rich whats-his-face really Moriarty?

I saw this thread, trying to find answers!

My take on it is

Sherlock asks Molly to be involved AND decided on the meeting place (the roof of the hospital), so she could come out from the roof - find moriaty's body and take it downstairs, this all going on whilst Sherlock is keeping Watson on the phone and telling him to look directly at him (i.e. not what is going on at ground level when presumably Molly is dragging Mauriaty's body into place).

Then the truck comes along, so he jumps in it and it also obscures her putting mauriaty's body in position, whilst sherlock makes his escape.

Watson gets knocked over by the bike, (which is an assassin, or just a random that Sherlock pays off?) meaning that he misses any crucial details.

Watson sees Sherlock on the pavement, either because its moriaty in a mask, or because he's given the psychotropic drug.

I have no blimmin idea about IOU though!

Quote: TopBanana @ January 16 2012, 2:14 PM GMT

Was the 'actor' Rich whats-his-face really Moriarty?

Indeed, maybe we've yet to see the "real" Moriarty, perhaps he really was an "actor" employed by Moriarty to play his part?

This is getting far too convoluted now...
:D

My fave bit of the episode was Holmes and Moriartys chat over a cup of tea.

That was nice

My favourite bit was Katherine Parky's bosom.

Quote: M smith @ January 16 2012, 2:14 PM GMT

I saw this thread, trying to find answers!

My take on it is

Sherlock asks Molly to be involved AND decided on the meeting place (the roof of the hospital), so she could come out from the roof - find moriaty's body and take it downstairs, this all going on whilst Sherlock is keeping Watson on the phone and telling him to look directly at him (i.e. not what is going on at ground level when presumably Molly is dragging Mauriaty's body into place).

Then the truck comes along, so he jumps in it and it also obscures her putting mauriaty's body in position, whilst sherlock makes his escape.

Watson gets knocked over by the bike, (which is an assassin, or just a random that Sherlock pays off?) meaning that he misses any crucial details.

Watson sees Sherlock on the pavement, either because its moriaty in a mask, or because he's given the psychotropic drug.

I have no blimmin idea about IOU though!

Hi M smith, welcome to the forum Wave

***Wild theory alert***

It's just occurred to me that "U" could be Mycroft? "U" could possibly be his MI5/Government designation (similar to "M" in James Bond)?

That way when Molly asks what he needs and he answers "You/U" perhaps he means Mycroft (to help fake his death)?

Perhaps the letters IOU represent the 3 non-ordinary people, Moriarty, Holmes and Mycroft?

Right, that's enough wild theories, I'm off for a lie down...