The Bubble Page 4

I quite enjoyed it to be honest, but agree with chip (and half-agree with RC) about there being too many shows of this ilk.

The Reg/Victoria banter was great as it was clearly of two people who had been thrown together for three or four days. Especially 'I'm glad you said it cos I would've looked like an asshole!'. Frank seemed a bit disconnected in that respect though.

Mitchell was great, as always and I agree with the comment that he's a fresh POV in a sea of laddishness.

There is something increasingly minxy about Victoria Coren, which I like a lot btw :)

Dan

I don't believe they were put in a bubble, or made to spend days in a house together.

It would take an awful amount of planning to arrange that, I reckon they were probablly told to avoid watching TV /reading papers for a couple of days.

This was Q.E. (Quite Entertaining).

Panel shows are the new rock n'roll.

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 22 2010, 1:12 PM GMT

I don't believe they were put in a bubble, or made to spend days in a house together.

It would take an awful amount of planning to arrange that, I reckon they were probablly told to avoid watching TV /reading papers for a couple of days.

So you can't go away for few days without needing the military to make the plans? Never been on a weekend break? Ever been on holiday?

There were three of them, it's not exactly a battalion heading to Kandahar.

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 22 2010, 1:12 PM GMT

Can you imagine what the Daily Mail would say if this was true? No way. Couldn't happen.

NOT IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE!!!

*ahem*

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ February 22 2010, 3:37 PM GMT

So you can't go away for few days without needing the military to make the plans? Never been on a weekend break? Ever been on holiday?

There were three of them, it's not exactly a battalion heading to Kandahar.

I have been on holiday Duckie, but were talking about 3 celebrities and their 'jobs'.

Reg Hunter gigs pretty much every day of the year, I don't see him giving up 4 days of potential income to sit in a 'bubble', away from family and friends, without a huge financial incentive.

When you factor in bills for hotels, flights, trains, taxi, meals, per diem expsenses etc it becomes expensive. It's much easier to get the guests to pretend they've been in isolation.

Mind you, they could try to get away with it by saying that the report of the clebs going into isolation was a fake news story...

:)

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 22 2010, 7:45 PM GMT

I have been on holiday Duckie, but were talking about 3 celebrities and their 'jobs'.

Reg Hunter gigs pretty much every day of the year, I don't see him giving up 4 days of potential income to sit in a 'bubble', away from family and friends, without a huge financial incentive.

When you factor in bills for hotels, flights, trains, taxi, meals, per diem expsenses etc it becomes expensive. It's much easier to get the guests to pretend they've been in isolation.

So you missed the 'house in Lincolnshire' bit then?

The girl in tonight's 'Newsround' section, who was that? I have full recognition of her but can't place the face...

Kids' TV?

Never mind, found her: http://www.annefoy.co.uk/

So-so show, but the Thai (?) simulated footage of Gordon Brown attacking staff was very funny. If he did behave like that I'd happily vote for him.

Quote: chipolata @ February 27 2010, 10:21 AM GMT

So-so show, but the Thai (?) simulated footage of Gordon Brown attacking staff was very funny. If he did behave like that I'd happily vote for him.

Yeah, I thought he was pretty cool like that. Animated Brown is getting my vote!

I can see more and more footage of the guests in the 'bubble' getting air time and it turning into celebrity Big Brother. I wonder how many people they can get to do that - if they really are. It must really up the budget of the show - and do they have no contact with family, agents, etc?

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the first. And I found the talk of their time in the house, with all the scrabble shenanigans, very funny.

Quote: chipolata @ February 27 2010, 10:21 AM GMT

So-so show, but the Thai (?) simulated footage of Gordon Brown attacking staff was very funny.

Taiwanese, I think. They did a Tiger Woods one that got a lot of hits too.

http://vodpod.com/watch/2621802-taiwan-news-show-recreates-tiger-woods-crash