Any feedback on our re-launch? Page 11

Tim finds not being able to see someone's online/offline status disturbing. It's like a vampire not casting a shadow or showing a reflection in a mirror. Yes, that's exactly what it's like. Teary

Aaron agrees that it is not good to not show it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 26 2010, 8:58 AM GMT

Tim finds not being able to see someone's online/offline status disturbing. It's like a vampire not casting a shadow or showing a reflection in a mirror. Yes, that's exactly what it's like. Teary

You're next on the blood deposit list! The hidden online/offline is for people (like me) who don't always want people to know when they're online/lurking.

Changing the subject so people don't notice my lack of reflection...

The schedule ( www.comedy.co.uk/schedule ) now has some filter options on it to make it easier to pick what to watch / record.

Lots more new features coming soon, including the much-anticipated programme voting.

I wasn't aware of it until now, but I like it.

Can we have a "Delete Selected" button for PMs? To delete multiple messages, but not all.

Nevermind, just noticed the drop down. :$

Select the messages you want to delete with the checkboxes, then select 'Trash all checked' from the dropdown actions menu and click Process.

Although sorting messages by user might be a nice feature. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 28 2010, 2:27 PM GMT

Sorting messages by user might be a nice feature. :)

This is now sort-of added for you :) Click on 'To'/'From' in your inbox/outbox etc to sort by username. It doesn't sort the users alphabetically I'm afraid (for a long and complicated reason), but at least they're grouped for you. You can also sort by subject now too... that does work alphabetically.

Quote: Mark @ March 26 2010, 9:02 PM GMT

The hidden online/offline is for people (like me) who don't always want people to know when they're online/lurking.

In which case why bother showing online status at all for anyone? Or why not make online an "opt-in" status?

I don't care too much but I am confused by it and I don't understand why it is opt-out if a "no show" is available.

The hidden online/offline is for people (like me) who don't always want people to know when they're online/lurking.

Ellie mentioned that, if you choose the 'hidden online/offline' option, your 'true' status can still be seen by all of the mods.

So, if I do choose to hide my online status - and lurk, I can still be seen by Aaron, zooo, Ellie, SlagA, Paul and Leevil.

This being the case, we're not really hidden at all, are we?

Quote: Mark @ March 29 2010, 12:42 AM GMT

This is now sort-of added for you :) Click on 'To'/'From' in your inbox/outbox etc to sort by username. It doesn't sort the users alphabetically I'm afraid (for a long and complicated reason), but at least they're grouped for you. You can also sort by subject now too... that does work alphabetically.

Wow, that's service for you. :D Thanks.

Quote: don rushmore @ March 29 2010, 11:31 AM GMT

Ellie mentioned that, if you choose the 'hidden online/offline' option, your 'true' status can still be seen by all of the mods.

So, if I do choose to hide my online status - and lurk, I can still be seen by Aaron, zooo, Ellie, SlagA, Paul and Leevil.

This being the case, we're not really hidden at all, are we?

Aaron could just look in the database anyway, so it makes no difference to him.

As for the others, yes, strictly speaking. But only those spammers, trolls and troublemakers need worry about them knowi- Oh.

I can't download the Collings and Herrin podcasts anymore. I get a message saying " the HTTP redirect request failed." Anyone else having this problem?
Cheers.

Quote: ben allen @ April 5 2010, 6:15 AM BST

I can't download the Collings and Herrin podcasts anymore.

Sorry about that, it's just a temporary problem. Try again in a few hours time and it should hopefully work again! Cheers.

Any chance of a BCG Panic Button, for when things get a bit hairy?