Things that piss you off Page 826

He's a decent sort, kind of like Jeremy Clarkson

only with a brain and not a closseted pooftah

Quote: dellas @ January 21 2012, 6:21 AM GMT

Surprised that Zooo finds rape type jokes as funny, but it takes all sorts of humour to make a comedy world.

Presumably because I'm a woman?
Men get raped too y'know. So surely you should be surprised that they find them funny too.
Most mysterious.

Quote: Marc P @ January 21 2012, 11:00 AM GMT

So... how about them Red Sox?

Laughing out loud

Angry Why do you talk utter bollocks sometimes? I am totally amazed by your response...

Ditto, to be fair.

The 'attention seeking' comment is based on experiences in the real world, where a small section of the community like to 'play the victim' all the time in order to garner sympathy or attack others. In truth, if you don't like someone, for any reason, you can find fault in everything they do and say, no matter how well intentioned or hilariously funny.

My 'attention seeking' comes from trying to make people laugh / think / confront the darkness. I could spend all day on here picking through others jokes going 'How dare you? That is racist, sexist, insensitive to wood lice, etc.' But get this, I realise that they are making a joke and more astoundingly, that this is a comedy forum.

As for the details in my tasteless jokes and my faux misogyny, I'm a writer, I use imagination, I choose words that provoke an emotional reaction and are memorable. And by all accounts, it works as they're being thrown back in my face.

The truth is, we've all had tragedies in our lives, no one has had it easy, so you crack a joke and move on or you go to a forum where you can whine about it the rest of your life.

:| I never asked for detailed explanation from you, I have not 'whined on' I left a couple of lines and then said I'll leave this.

The reference to 'attention seeking' was your assertion regarding my post.

I also said 'I defend a persons right to freedom to use whatever humour they wish'. Enough now please, I left it ages ago.

Maybe having to leave home extra early on Monday morning, because of possibly faulty buses. An empty bus decided to explode so they now have to check all buses of that type. Unfortunatly that type consists of half the fleet.
Kind of annoying but I would rather a bit of disruption for a few days than be on a bus when it decided to explode because of a mechanical fault.

Quote: reds @ January 21 2012, 2:18 PM GMT

An empty bus decided to explode so they now have to check all buses of that type.

You do know that this is the beginning of 'Speed'.

Just to clarify why I replied - in your post saying 'let's leave it' you did mention me by name. So I answered your comment since you brought me into it again.
But I fully agree, let's leave it alone now.

Quote: reds @ January 21 2012, 2:18 PM GMT

Maybe having to leave home extra early on Monday morning, because of possibly faulty buses. An empty bus decided to explode so they now have to check all buses of that type. Unfortunatly that type consists of half the fleet.
Kind of annoying but I would rather a bit of disruption for a few days than be on a bus when it decided to explode because of a mechanical fault.

Explode?!
Do they run on gas in Australia?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 21 2012, 2:20 PM GMT

You do know that this is the beginning of 'Speed'.

Nope, never got around to watching any of the Speed films.

Quote: reds @ January 21 2012, 2:22 PM GMT

Nope, never got around to watching any of the Speed films.

Look under the bus!!!!!

The first one is actually a lot of fun.

First one's a classic, and Bullock's as cute as a button.

Quote: chipolata @ January 21 2012, 2:32 PM GMT

First one's a classic, and Bullock's as cute as a button.

Yes and yes, but...the film kind of goes wonky 2/3rds the way in. It feels like the writers looked at each other and said 'what do we do now?'. The ending felt incredibly tedious and tacked on. In fact, I bet most people on here don't even remember the real ending.

Didn't Ted give him a brick or something to stick on the pedal?