Which sitcoms ended too early? Page 7

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. I want to see the other 44 episodes!

I'll pick 15 Storeys High as well. I think if they showed it now at a reasonable time with a little bit of promotion (as apposed to the zero promotion they did first time round) it would garner respectable viewing figures and much critical acclaim.

Would have loved more Father Ted (I am aware why this is not possible).

On the American side of things I would have liked to have seen a full 22 episode series of Police Squad (does it count as a sitcom? I'm not sure).

On The Buses I Would love to see Series 8. Or another movie.

Duty Free - all three series were brilliant, and came to an end too soon IMHO.

Quote: tiger_rick @ April 19 2012, 9:36 AM BST

Wouldn't work as well as "The Smoking Shelter"!

Not seen the orginal show this refered to but they could still do more The Smoking Room and set it in Burnei airport. There is a enclosed room in the airport for smokers.

Has anyone mentioned Trevor's World Of Sport? Had a decent run on the wireless but cruelly cut short on telly. Absolute Power comes in the same category.

Thieves Like Us and Whites were shows that didn't deserve to be cancelled, and I suspect that I am in a minority here, but I would have welcomed further series of Lab Rats and Big Top.

Of course, Trevor's World Of Sport only moved to radio because the TV series was cancelled. But no argument, both it and Absolute Power were wonderful and deserved far better treatment.

I'd agree on Big Top, too.

Would like to have seen another series of IT Crowd. Some of the episodes in the last two series might not have been as good as the first few but still enjoyable.

Also some more Black Books would have been good. Haven't watched in a while, think it might be time to put on a DVD.

If they still had ideas it ended early, but we have no way of knowing really.

I hate watching once-great TV shows limp on and on.

I keep fearing it will happen to Peep Show; especially post-baby (baby situations are seldom funny, and the show might have started getting a bit preachy and sugary). However, the writers came up with a great plan for Series 7; pretty-much ignore the baby.

I still fear the eventual "one series too far".

'Take a Letter Mr Jones'

I saw this for the first time recently and thought it was very good and funny - depite reading that it was a flop and not funny, etc.

I think there was a lot of potential for more series and situations as the daughter grew older, etc. Could have developed a 'Me and My Girl' feel - although I think Mr Jones was funnier.

Now there's a left-field response! Can't really disagree much though. Inman was fantastic, even if other aspects of the series lacked, and it's always great to see him a different role to WC Humphries.

Hardwicke House!

Quote: Miranda Walker @ October 13 2006, 3:56 PM BST

I saw an interview with Graham Linehan where he said they felt that so many shows go downhill after the third series, so it was better to go out on a high.

And Graham Linehan has got a very good point that I'd argue also applies to bands and albums. That said, a third series of Green Wing (had the second series not ended the way it did) would have been nice.

Likewise, a second series of Campus and, ditto DougWonnacott, Darkplace. Come on, Garth, get dreamweaving!

Edited by Aaron - capitalisation.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ July 10 2012, 12:12 PM BST

Hardwicke House!

:) Definitely.

Edited by Aaron - capitalisation.[/quote]
Noted and apologies.

:) Thanks.