Current radio comedy Page 86

:D Yes, so did I, great.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ March 1 2012, 3:46 AM GMT

I have really enjoyed this series of Mark Thomas: The Manifesto. Really enjoyed this week's episode from Edinburgh where Space Hoppers won over Scottish Independence.

Glasgow, I believe.

Is there no Now Show Extra any more?

Dan

Had a listen to Tim Key's poetry show on iPlayer yesterday; enjoyed it.

Quote: Harridan @ February 28 2012, 8:45 AM GMT

Rob Brydon did a show like that a few years ago - he did it in character, but I can't remember the name of the character.

It was a small part of The Keith Barrett Show

Really enjoyed the first series of Bleak Expectations. A very strange and funny sitcom.

It's Not What You Know was also good today.

I thought last night's Jupp thing was better. They had a funnjier panel that jelled more. That said, it's still a desperately one-note show.

It's the sort of show that is balanced on the edge of humour - the format doesn't guarantee humour, so if the guests aren't funny Jupp has to carry the whole show on his own.

Jupp is very likeable host but the format is unforgivably lame.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 1 2012, 3:53 PM GMT

Had a listen to Tim Key's poetry show on iPlayer yesterday; enjoyed it.

Ooooh thanks for the head's up on this one, I have become quite a fan of Tim Key's material and delivery recently. I'd have probably missed this otherwise as it is tagged as factual rather than comedy on the iPlayer.

I've just grabbed the second episode of "...Who You Know" out of sheer ghoulish curiosity. It'll take a massive turnaround to rescue the format from the category of car crash radio though. :D

Lynn Truss seemed an odd choice for The Now Show. I'm all for authored pieces, and I like her a lot as a writer, but she's no performer and couldn't sell her bit at all. Not that a bit on football penalties is ever going to do much for me.

Quote: chipolata @ March 2 2012, 11:36 PM GMT

Lynn Truss seemed an odd choice for The Now Show. I'm all for authored pieces, and I like her a lot as a writer, but she's no performer and couldn't sell her bit at all. Not that a bit on football penalties is ever going to do much for me.

It was alright but yeah football penalties is a really boring subject.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ March 3 2012, 4:28 AM GMT

It was alright but yeah football penalties is a really boring subject.

It didn't help that she was talking absolute cobblers and really had no understanding of what she was talking about.

Having said that, the Hugh Dennis/Mitch Benn sketch bits were amusing.

Quite enjoying The Harpoon at the moment on Radio 4 Extra. A sharp spoof on Boys' adventure magazines from the early 20th century.

Thought that this week's Now Show was one of the weakest for some time. Truss' piece could have been good if they'd got someone else to deliver it. And Andy's Parsons wasn't exactly topical.

Newsjack seems to be forging ahead at present. Under the guidance of a former Now Show producer.