Current radio comedy Page 84

:) Stayed in listening to wonderful 'Gullivers Travels'on BBC4radio magic, I so missed the 'Politics' as a kid, anyone else listened?

Yeah, I caught that too. Great story - first class adaptation for radio.

Now that's how you do satire! (and still topical after all these years).

Just listened to Thom Tuck Goes Straight to DVD on the Comedy of Week podcast. It was really good! A stand up show which mixes Disney Straight to DVD movies and stories about his love life. Ending with a song from the Little Mermaid. Laughing out loud

Also listened to The Harpoon which is a spoof on boys adventure magazines from the early 20th century. Also quite good.

I'm enjoying the repeats of Another Case of Milton Jones on 4Extra. The theme tune alone is enough to have me smiling ear to ear!

Quote: Harridan @ February 20 2012, 9:37 AM GMT

I'm enjoying the repeats of Another Case of Milton Jones on 4Extra. The theme tune alone is enough to have me smiling ear to ear!

So am I. Shame that it is the last one today. :(

Another Case of Milton Jones was great. Making fun of the British obsession with weather.

Also listened to Wordaholics. Enjoyed it.

Listened to Count Arthur Strong today. Found it quite good in bits especially the bit with Terry Wogan.

Deep Trouble also good even with the cliche American Navy Seals.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ February 22 2012, 4:28 AM GMT

Listened to Count Arthur Strong today. Found it quite good in bits especially the bit with Terry Wogan.

I quite enjoyed it, although the bit where he was shouting "Terry!" over and over reminded me a bit too much of Alan Partridge's "Dan! Dan! DAN!" moment.

Count Arthur Strong is genius. It reminds me of conversations with my grandmother.

I particularly liked his discussion with the insurance salesman.

Really enjoying Mark Thomas: the Manifesto at the moment. Very interesting what people can come up with.

:) Yes love it, involving the public is an area I am keen on in comedy.

Will need to catch up with the Sheffield one, believe it was a good one, well it is Northern!! Yeah!

The new Miles Jupp thing was another very concept-lite panel show.

Really enjoyed It's Not What You Know with Miles Jupp.

Bleak Expectations was really funny this week especially with the letters Pip received.

Just listening to last night's Newsjack, very funny.

Quote: Timbo @ February 24 2012, 12:15 AM GMT

The new Miles Jupp thing was another very concept-lite panel show.

It was dreadful, and with what was notionally quite a strong panel.