Have I Got News For You - Series 48 Page 2

Quote: Hiram Fibonik @ 26th October 2014, 9:31 AM GMT

I have just read this entire topic, and JESUS H. CHRIST, you people are unbelievably picky about this silly, harmless show and what constitutes light entertainment in general! It must really suck to be someone whose HATE button is so easily pressed! I pity you, although I reckon, in your ignorance, you are probably happier than I, so I pity myself even more and despise you for making me realize it.

You are very welcome.

I have just read this entire topic, and JESUS H. CHRIST, you people are unbelievably picky about this silly, harmless show and what constitutes light entertainment in general! It must really suck to be someone whose HATE button is so easily pressed! I pity you, although I reckon, in your ignorance, you are probably happier than I, so I pity myself even more and despise you for making me realize it.

It's called 'having an opinion'; how long have you been traversing this wonderful place that I personally like to call, the world wide web?

It must really suck to be someone whose HATE button is so easily pressed!

I don't know, you tell me.

Your post made me laugh a lot more than the last few episodes of HIGNFY.

Wow! You read ONE page!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th October 2014, 11:19 AM BST

It has always niggled me the way he has to "explain" his jokes.

From Deayton/Merton feud thread

I did enjoy "his" joke last week though that he attributed to Max Miller, although I have never heard Max crack that one and I have quite a lot of recordings of him.

It could be a case of the disputed one (did Max crack it or not?) about meeting a lovely girl walking towards him on a narrow mountain pass and he didn't know whether to block her passage or toss himself off.......anyway, :D I digress -

Miller/Merton joke:-

So this bloke comes home from the pub and says to his wife:-

"Ere! I've just heard that the milk-man has made love to every woman in this street except one!"

And his wife says "Oh, and I bet it is that toffee-nosed cow from across the road"

Not sure but I think even Cissy and Ada have cracked that one.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th November 2014, 2:15 PM GMT

Not sure but I think even Cissy and Ada have cracked that one.

You're probably right - it is an oldie but goodie and I don't think was a Max Miller joke especially.

Do love Cissy and Ada - just have to see Les in that gear and I start laughing.
:D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th November 2014, 1:39 PM GMT

From Deayton/Merton feud thread

I did enjoy "his" joke last week though that he attributed to Max Miller, although I have never heard Max crack that one and I have quite a lot of recordings of him.

It could be a case of the disputed one (did Max crack it or not?) about meeting a lovely girl walking towards him on a narrow mountain pass and he didn't know whether to block her passage or toss himself off.......anyway, :D I digress -

Miller/Merton joke:-

"Ere! I've just heard that the milk-man has made love to every woman in this street except one!"

And his wife says "Oh, and I bet it is that toffee-nosed cow from across the road"

I think it is accepted that Max never did the mountain pass joke. He was much cleverer than that.

The second one I don't think is Maxie but I know it and will look around a bit.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th November 2014, 1:39 PM GMT

:D

Paul Merton is tedious these days, because he is stifled by PC. He feels unable to crack jokes about so many topics he once used to let rip about in the early years. Ian Hislop as well but, he still finds another way to comment. Merton just goes quiet. He probably has a witty riposte in his head (painful) but can't bring himself to say it nowadays.

I often find myself (here on the sofa) saying the missing line for them and, you may have done the same. That's the problem with PC, fear of intolerant criticism and vilification, if opinions or jokes are voiced these days. Modern comedy generally is in crisis because of this.

Just got a glimpse of the end of a show before watching a recording of Not Going Out.
Did Martin Clunes use the F word? Is that OK now on a show like that?

Quote: Laff @ 8th January 2015, 12:48 PM GMT

Just got a glimpse of the end of a show before watching a recording of Not Going Out.
Did Martin Clunes use the F word? Is that OK now on a show like that?

Yes, and er yes.