Have I Got News For You - Series 48

The first episode hosted by Jennifer Saunders for rather good, but the second with Sue Perkins was awful. Nick Hewer and Tony Law weren't funny, and Perkins only "jokes" were about The Great British Bake Off - a show that is over hyped, and one I will never watch!
Frank Skinner and Nick Robinson should raise a laugh, next week, but I doubt Sara Pascoe will!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 12th October 2014, 10:16 AM BST

The first episode hosted by Jennifer Saunders for rather good, but the second with Sue Perkins was awful. Nick Hewer and Tony Law weren't funny, and Perkins only "jokes" were about The Great British Bake Off - a show that is over hyped, and one I will never watch!
Frank Skinner and Nick Robinson should raise a laugh, next week, but I doubt Sara Pascoe will!

Thought Nick Hewer just dragged the whole prog. down - what a miserable git he was.......

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2014, 10:34 AM BST

Thought Nick Hewer just dragged the whole prog. down - what a miserable git he was.......

Why did they bother with Tony Law? He was awful on his first appearance!

Sara Pascoe's hilarious.

Nick Hewer's always miserable, I never like him as a guest.

Quote: zooo @ 12th October 2014, 11:18 AM BST

Sara Pascoe's hilarious.

Nick Hewer's always miserable, I never like him as a guest.

And what you think of Tony Law?

I barely remember him on the show! But I have enjoyed his stand up before.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2014, 10:34 AM BST

He may not be a comedian but he does kind of have an 'act' or persona that he uses when he's doing something comedy related. I thought it was pretty obvious he was putting it on for comic effect and I found him quite funny.

I thought Tony Law (who I generally rate) and Sue Perkins were fine but not spectacular. I enjoyed the episode, as far as I could see there were no weak links in the booking.

Although I do agree that all the Bake off references are annoying. I know it gets a lot of viewers (double or maybe even triple the HIGNFY audience), but if you don't watch it, those references just don't have any cache.

You're right, it is obviously a persona. I just don't find it funny!

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 12th October 2014, 6:44 PM BST

He may not be a comedian but he does kind of have an 'act' or persona that he uses when he's doing something comedy related. I thought it was pretty obvious he was putting it on for comic effect and I found him quite funny.

Nah, can't agree with you there, I thought he was being deliberately apathetic, like he didn't want to be there or it was all beneath him, and he started to get on my tits. As for comic effect............

Better than last week, but still not great!

Quite enjoyed it - still a must not miss for me.

Can't believe they are on series 48! I've always liked the show. It was good tonight.

I like Paul Merton

But I have to say he is tedious to watch every episode now

Lost his spark

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th October 2014, 11:11 AM BST

I like Paul Merton

But I have to say he is tedious to watch every episode now

Lost his spark

It has always niggled me the way he has to "explain" his jokes.

I have just read this entire topic, and JESUS H. CHRIST, you people are unbelievably picky about this silly, harmless show and what constitutes light entertainment in general! It must really suck to be someone whose HATE button is so easily pressed! I pity you, although I reckon, in your ignorance, you are probably happier than I, so I pity myself even more and despise you for making me realize it.