The Piglet Files - Nicholas Lyndhurst

The Piglet Files starring Nicholas Lyndhurst (NL) is a gem well worth getting.

As the starring MI5 agent, NL is terrific. In a style it reminds me a bit of Yes Minister/Yes, Prime Minister and The Thin Blue Line.

Someone kindly sent me a PM a few years ago recommending The Piglet Files.

I am suprised at the lack of review/comment on the 3 excellent series.

Mind you I also think NL is brilliant in OFAH, Goodnight Sweetheart, and After You've Gone.

It's not mentioned because it's not very well remembered! It was repeated on Paramount a couple of years ago and Network have just released Series 1, but it seems very much overlooked. A shame I think, because there is some genuinely very funny stuff in it.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/17752115/The-Piglet-Files-The-Complete-First-Series/Product.html]
[h=756907]

I remember loving it at the time, but I haven't seen it since.

I've just started watching this series again and it really is unfortunate that it's not really remembered well nowadays. It has a good cast, the scenario is quite unusual and interesting and it's also pretty funny.

I saw an episode a few years back. It was good fun, if I remember correctly.

Just watching this now, I've had the DVD for a while and haven't got round to viewing it.
I'm really enjoying it so far.

Does anyone know of a possible DVD release of series 2 and 3?

I think they're due out later this year.

Cheers Aaron, I will look out for them.

My favourite part of this show is the opening credits... screams 80s. I've had all 3 series on DVD for years now; fairly rare that a Britcom is released in USA but not the UK.

It's only becoming rare now. Going back even just 3 or 4 years and it was the case possibly more often than not. The Benny Hill Show, Are You Being Served?, Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Good Life, Keeping Up Appearances. Just a small handfull of titles off the top of my head.

I've always wondered if The Piglet Files was cancelled after its third series, or whether no fourth series was made because Lydhurst made Goodnight Sweetheart.

I realise this makes me a bit stupid, but I was always disappointed when I saw Nick Lyndhurst in anything other than OFAH. He's a great comic actor, but I just couldn't get past the fact that he wasn't playing Rodney.

oFAH lead to Lyndhurst being type cast in sitcoms like this as amiable duffers, when his range is actually much broader.

Quote: Tursiops @ 16th October 2014, 6:26 PM BST

oFAH lead to Lyndhurst being type cast in sitcoms like this as amiable duffers, when his range is actually much broader.

How is Gary Sparrow an amiable duffer?

And Lyndhurst now appears in New Tricks, a crime drama.

Quote: Dave @ 17th October 2014, 4:43 PM BST

How is Gary Sparrow an amiable duffer?

Quite successfully, considering. He's not a brainy chap, is he?