Boomers Page 6

It's set in Brighton!
In the pilot episode my hero hits a policeman, takes drugs and shoplifts, and it's mentioned that he smashed a supermarket window, sprayed graffiti on the church wall and set fire to a cashpoint. He's a tweed-clad, middle class pensioner.

Oh, and he's bisexual.

It's a shame Donald Sinden is no longer with us...

Or Richard Griffiths...

That'd be expensive to do Beaky :)

I know, bushbaby! Resurrection costs the earth.

Quote: beaky @ 12th September 2014, 6:09 PM BST

I know, bushbaby! Resurrection costs the earth.

LOL :D :D

Twenty minutes in and I haven't chuckled once, never mind laughed. Boring, boring, boring. How can they class this as a sitcom?

You are probably not old enough to appreciate it BB.

Quote: Marc P @ 13th September 2014, 2:23 PM BST

You are probably not old enough to appreciate it BB.

:D :D :D :D

I am taping Boomers will watch and report back, set in a lovely part of the world I hear :)

Just watched my "tape" - I am now struggling to show any interest.

At least Big School had some laughs....just.

I've recently been watching this on iPlayer and was pleasantly surprised to see Russ Abbott (from the 80s) is in it.

Quote: Marc P @ 13th September 2014, 10:17 PM BST

I am taping Boomers will watch and report back, set in a lovely part of the world I hear :)

It was filmed in Herne Bay, where I've been the last two years for their marvellous new cartoon festival. It's the seaside town that time forgot - I love it, despite everything closing at 11.00 p.m.

A very enjoyable series, gentle humour expertly nailed by the veteran cast.

Paula Wilcox is still remarkably pretty, despite its being several millennia since she dated Geoffrey Bubbles-Bonbon while doing everything in her power to avoid Percy Filth.