- 19th September via What's On TV: Clunes 'gutted' Warren was axed after just one series
- BBC One
- 6 (1 series)
- Martin Clunes, Lisa Millett, Tim Preston, Oscar Morgan, Neil Edmond and Martine Brown
- Jimmy Donny Cosgrove and Paul McKenna
- Ben Gosling Fuller
- Tom Jordan
Warren is forced to move from the south up to Preston when his partner Anne's father falls ill. He suddenly finds himself living in an area he doesn't like, doing a job he's not emotionally cut out for and looking after two teenage stepsons he never wanted.
Warren loves Anne, and somehow, Anne always sees the good in Warren, but he has a way of knowing best and speaking his mind that inevitably leads to conflict, chaos and disaster for those around him and most especially for himself.
Warren is not growing old gracefully, he's very much rooted in the now, with a modern voice and sharp edge. There are no happy endings as he grapples against the problems and misunderstandings of his own making.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Warren Thompson Driving School (Working title)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Monday 25th February 2019 on BBC One at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 1st April 2019 on BBC One at 9pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes