- 4th April: BAFTA TV Award nominees 2018
- 20th March: Royal Television Society Awards 2018 winners
- 1st January via TV Line: The End of the F***ing World gets Netflix premiere date
- Comedy Drama
- Channel 4, All 4
- 8 (1 series)
- Charles Forsman
- Alex Lawther, Jessica Barden, Steve Oram, Christine Bottomley, Navin Chowdhry, Gemma Whelan, Wunmi Mosaku and Jack Veal
- Charlie Covell
- Jonathan Entwistle and Lucy Tcherniak
- Kate Ogborn, Petra Fried, Ed Macdonald, Andy Baker, Dominic Buchanan, Jonathan Entwistle and Murray Ferguson
The End Of The F***ing World invites viewers into the dark and confusing lives of teen outsiders James and Alyssa as they embark on a road trip to find Alyssa's father, who left home when she was a child.
James, 17, is pretty sure he's a psychopath - emotionally detached, cold and disdainful, he's decided he's ready to graduate from killing animals. He thinks it might be interesting to kill something bigger...a human. And he's got the perfect person in mind...
Alyssa, also 17, is new in school - cool and moody, she's existential angst made flesh. But despite being popular at school, she still feels like she doesn't belong. Spotting James one day at school, however, she thinks she may have found a soulmate...
When things come to a head at home between Alyssa, her mother and stepdad, she leaves and persuades James to join her in search of her real father. And so begins a journey of discovery that becomes progressively ominous as James's urge to act on his sociopathic and violent inclinations increase while Alyssa, blinded by young love, remains wilfully ignorant of the consequences that lie at the end of the road. One night, however, the pair find themselves caught up in events that lead them down an ever more menacing and surreal path.
The End Of The F***ing World, written by Charlie Covell and based on the award-winning series of comic books by Charles Forsman, is a dark, intriguing, tense and chilling tale shot through with moments of absurdity and humour.