- 6th September via Chortle: Britcoms sold around the world
- Comedy Drama
- 2001 - 2004
- Channel 4
- 40 (4 series)
- Tim Loane
- Andrew Lincoln, Raquel Cassidy, Nina Sosanya, Navin Chowdhry, Adrian Bower, Gillian Bevan, Lloyd McGuire, Ursula Holden Gill and others
- Tony Basgallop and Linton Chiswick
- Susanna White and Andrew Lincoln
- Rhonda Smith and Jane Fallon
Comprising of forty, fifty minute episodes, Teachers creates a balance between surreal comedy and realistic drama. Although one might expect teachers to hold more maturity and decency than students, Teachers sets out to prove this wrong.
Paranoia, neuroticism, sexual inadequacies and an innate inability to quit smoking are just a few of the problems which haunt the staff who work at Summerdown School.
For the first two series, the programme focuses on the neurotic Simon Casey, the beautiful ice queen Jenny Page and the ever sensible best friend Susan Gately; however, despite the departure of these characters, Teachers continued to run for a further two series.