- Panel Show
- Channel 4
- 6 (1 series)
- Griff Rhys Jones, Charlie Baker and Marcus Brigstocke
- Griff Rhys Jones, Paul Powell, Ged Parsons, Will Ing, Lee Stuart Evans and Mike Haskins
- Geraldine Dowd
- Darren Sole, Sean Doherty, Francesca Palmer, Helen Younger, Andrew Mackenzie-Betty, Rachel Watson, Mike Bradley, Chris Hill and Kevin Hylands
Griff Rhys Jones hosts this brand new comedy panel show that, with the aid of TV archive footage, examines our shared experiences of the past 30 years.
This series will delve into our shared history through a mixture of memorable, odd and forgotten clips, throwing new and alternative perspectives on to our past.
Each week Griff Rhys Jones will be joined by two regular team captains, Marcus Brigstocke and Charlie Baker who, along with a guest, will try to prove that they remember more about 'everything else' than the other team, adding their own irreverent interpretations along the way.
Rhys Jones says: "This is a serious nostalgia-fest. The haircuts, the hits and the horrors. It's all flooding back. Actually it's a great way of gathering up the recent past. Personally, I can't wait, and I'm in it."
A Short History Of Everything Else will provide an alternative view on our social history. Along with the archive gems, the banter from Griff and the panel will bring to life and celebrate the last few decades - from the sublime to the ridiculous, and the serious to the highly questionable.
Commissioner Ralph Lee says: "This entertaining new series will be a satirical and engaging look back at strikes, depression, unemployment figures and the faux-pas of yesterday's leaders - hopefully offering an escape from the strikes, depression and leaders of today."
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 13th June 2012 at 10pm on Channel 4
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 20th July 2012 at 11:10pm on Channel 4
- Most recent repeats