- 2008 - 2009
- BBC One
- 6 (1 series)
- Jimmy Nail and Tarquin Gotch
- Jimmy Nail, Peter Losasso, Franz Drameh, David Barseghian, Michael Karim, Colin McFarlane, Nicola Hughes, Niky Wardley and more
- David Cummings
- Dominic Brigstocke
- Charlie Hanson, Kenton Allen, Tarquin Gotch and Jimmy Nail
Jack and his fellow 15-year-old band mates want to rebel, meet girls and generally have a good time. In the minds of this group of hormone-addled teenage boys forming a band is the best way of achieving this.
So, what could possibly stand in the way of the boys and their small-scale ambitions? The answer to that would be their parents.
Not because they disapprove of the band or their music, it's much worse - they love it! Where the kids see nothing more than chicks, parties and alcopops, their parents see limousines, luxury yachts and Led Zeppelin.
Sadly for the boys their parents are the first generation to embrace the concept of 'middle-youth' by listening to young music, wearing young clothes and staving off middle-age with anything from jogging to botox.
They are lead by Jack's father Phil Palmer, a former Eighties pop musician with a single solitary hit to his name.
The parents are determined to live vicariously through the highs and lows of their children's band. So ensues an ongoing battle in the Palmer household where Jack has to fight harder than ever to create some kind of generation gap between him and his over-enthusiastic, meddling father.
- The title theme tune is composed by Jimmy Nail and ex-Spandau Ballet singer/songwriter Gary Kemp.
- First broadcast
- Friday 28th November 2008 at 8:30pm on BBC One