- 2018 - 2021
- BBC Two
- 25 (4 series)
- Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer
- Leo McCrea, Will Yapp and Rob Gill
- Nicky Waltham, Stephanie Fyfe and Luke Holland
Paul Whitehouse is an experienced fisherman; Bob Mortimer is a complete novice. Their friendship stretches back for decades, but they've recently reconnected after both suffering very serious heart problems and each staring death in the face.
Paul has suggested to Bob that he take up fishing to help recover from his triple heart bypass. Now, these two much loved comedians tour the country to fish side by side in some of the most picturesque landscapes the UK has to offer.
Across the half-hour episodes they dissect life, death and comedy. Paul is in charge of the fishing while Bob is in charge of the accommodation and cooking heart-healthy food. From recipes, regrets, relationships and rituals; to childhood, comedy and the countryside, the pair discuss everything alongside the ever-present shadows of showbiz and mortality.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Paul And Bob Go Fishing (Working title)
- Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Christmas Fishing (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 20th June 2018 on BBC Two at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 19th September 2021 on BBC Two at 8pm
- Upcoming repeats