Meet The Parents
Comedy/reality show in which a boyfriend has to survive an evening with his girlfriend's family - who, unbeknownst to him, are played by actors
- 2010 - 2012
- 12 (2 series)
- Lee Hupfield
- Alex Zane, Dominic Coleman, Charlotte Palmer, Ben Clark, Jessica Knappett, Richard Brimblecombe, Jane Cunliffe, Scott Hazell and others
- Lee Hupfield, Rachel Springett, Tim Allsop, Giles Boden, Susannah Haley, Ed Hall, Ben Jessop, Andy Rowan and Aiden Spackman
- Paul Young and Peter Orton
- Ben Jessop, Rachel Springett and Laura Clark
One couple, one challenge: for a boyfriend to last the entire evening at his girlfriend's parents' house, as he Meets The Parents.
Unbeknown to the boyfriend, there are 30 hidden cameras watching his every move and everyone at the house is an actor doing their upmost to make the evening as uncomfortable as possible.
Characters include a father who is an ex-army type and uncomfortably tactile with his daughter; the mother who has the face of a 50-year-old and the body of a surgically enhanced 20-year-old; the brother, who keeps a pet cemetery in the garden and dead animals in his bedroom; as well as a very attractive sister; a handsome ex-boyfriend; and a man-hating aunt. Each episode has a different set of characters, although the cast remains the same. All these characters are prepared do their upmost to make the evening as uncomfortable as possible.
For the most-part the show is scripted; however the cast do improvise, depending on how certain situations play out.
In Series 2 the format was changed, with Alex Zane presenting from a studio. Zane talks to the victim about his ordeal, and they watch back clips together.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 18th November 2010 on E4 at 9:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 17th October 2012 on E4 at 9pm
- Last repeat
- Saturday 21st December 2013 at 3:00am