Romantic comedy about a fashion designer who must battle an evil ex-boss, a devilish business partner and snobby fashionistas
- Comedy Drama
- BBC One
- 6 (1 series)
- Joshua St Johnston
- Lenora Crichlow, Dervla Kirwan, Michael Landes, O-T Fagbenle, Nick Blood, Ingrid Oliver, Anna Brewster, Esther Smith and others
- Joshua St Johnston, Colin Bytheway, Ben Ockrent, Imogen Edwards-Jones and Jess Williams
- Cilla Ware, Sarah O'Gorman and Philip John
- Chrissy Skinns
Set in the bustling, creative hot-bed of Brick Lane, Ali Redcliffe sets out to make a name for herself as a fashion designer, in the only way she knows how, through sheer hard work and talent. Alongside Ali is Marco, the mercurial and brilliant business partner who wants to make Ali a star.
Davina Bailey, the scheming designer of the moment, isn't about to give up her crown as queen of fashion though. She is currently the designer every hot star wants to be dressed by.
Alex is Ali's flatmate and best friend from college, but also a designer for Ali's key rival, Davina. Mimi is the wannabe stylist at a leading fashion magazine, and almost as intuitive and brilliant as Ali; and Lydia the model with a face like an angel and the voice of a navvy.
It is the friendships and relationships, the ups and downs, solidarity, extraordinary chemistry and the entwined destinies that are the fabric of Material Girl.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 14th January 2010 on BBC One at 8pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 17th February 2010 on BBC One at 10:45pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Friday 29th January 2010 at 12:50am on BBC3