- 3rd December via British Comedy Guide: Broadcast Awards 2022 comedy nominees revealed
- 3rd November via British Comedy Guide: British comedies nominated for 2021 Rose d'Or Awards
- 21st October via British Comedy Guide: Edinburgh TV Awards 2021 results
- 8th September via British Comedy Guide: Comedies in the running for Edinburgh TV Festival Awards 2021
- 2018 - 2021
- Channel 4, Comedy Blaps
- 7 (1 pilot + 1 series)
- Anjana Vasan, Sarah Kameela Impey, Juliette Motamed, Faith Omole, Lucie Shorthouse, Zaqi Ismail, Aiysha Hart, David Avery and more
- Nida Manzoor, Raisah Ahmed, Zia Ahmed, Suhayla El-Bushra, Inua Ellams, Hanan Issa, Ambreen Razia, Jeremy Dyson and Sami El-Hadi
- Nida Manzoor and Clare Awdry
- John Pocock, Mark Freeland, Surian Fletcher-Jones, Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Rachel Alabaster and Nida Manzoor
Sitcom following a Muslim punk band.
We Are Lady Parts is written, created and directed by Nida Manzoor, who has drawn on her own experiences and taken inspiration from the rich and diverse cultural collectives and artists in London; and boasts an exciting ensemble cast of new British acting talent.
We Are Lady Parts shows the highs and lows of the band - called Lady Parts - as seen through the eyes of Amina Hussain - a geeky microbiology PhD student, who's on the lookout for love and romance. Lady Parts' fierce and enigmatic frontwoman Saira sees something in Amina that the others can't see. When Saira discovers Amina fancies Ahsan, fellow band member and taxi-driving drummer Ayesha's dreamboat brother, she uses this as leverage by offering to hook them both up on a date, but only if Amina agrees to join the band.
Cartoon-drawing bassist and backing vocalist Bisma and Momtaz the band's wheeler-dealer band manager are not convinced that Amina is right for their band. Amina has never, ever met girls like this before and she's soon swept up in their joyful, anarchic energy and punk spirit. But she becomes torn and caught up between two different worlds - that of her more strait-laced uni friends led by her formidable bestie Noor and the world of Lady Parts. Will she be the key to the band's success? And - will she finally find a husband?
We Are Lady Parts is at once an unapologetically bold comedy and a joyful celebration of the richness and diversity found in contemporary London, whilst also an exploration on the fundamental questions of life: Who am I? Where and with whom do I belong?. But ultimately it's about funny women with real agency, forging their own lives and identities in a world determined to do it for them.
- Also known as
- We Are Ladyparts (On-screen title)
- Lady Parts (Pilot title)
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Lady Parts' music composed by Benjamin Fregin, Nida Manzoor, Sanya Manzoor and Shez Manzoor.