- 5th February: Hypothetical Series 3 confirmed
- Panel Show
- 2019 - 2020
- 16 (2 series)
- Josh Widdicombe, Tom Craine and Matthew Crosby
- Josh Widdicombe and James Acaster
- Tom Craine, Matthew Crosby and Henry Paker
- John L Spencer
- Danny Carr and Sophie Le Good
A panel show that tests two teams of comedians on their ability to deal with a series of ridiculous hypothetical scenarios:
You have to live in a motorway services for a year, how do you cope?
You have to take a selfie with Nicolas Cage within 48 hours or you die - how do you do it?
You've been booked for the Royal Variety Performance with an hour to spare - you can't do comedy - what do you do?
Each hypothetical will be posed by Josh Widdicombe while James Acaster's job is to enforce ridiculous rules and score the guests' attempts at dealing with them. None of the guests see the hypotheticals beforehand and Josh and James take great delight in throwing them curveballs as the show progresses - it's a proper comedic work-out.
Every hypothetical results in a hugely entertaining discussion (with plenty of play-at-home fun on offer), as well as in-studio stunts, hilarious archive, location VT's and even the odd celebrity cameo.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 6th February 2019 on Dave at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 25th March 2020 on Dave at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Monday 25th May 2020 at 10:00pm