- 2012 - 2013
- BBC Two
- 13 (2 series)
- Chris Ramsey, Kimberley Nixon, Vic Reeves, Gina McKee, Lisa McGrillis, Pat Dunn, Jason Cook, Steffen Peddie and others
- Jason Cook and Graham Duff
- Christine Gernon and Jonathan Gershfield
- Gill Isles
Hebburn is a warm and affectionate tale of north east family life. It tells the tale of the Pearson family and their impetuous and ambitious son, Jack.
After years living in Manchester - and secretly marrying the sweet, middle class and Jewish Sarah - he's now back Tyne-side with his new wife, a new job as the local newspaper's editor, and a baby on the way.
Jack's parents, Joe and Pauline, are devoted to their family and their hometown, and, following a stroke, Joe's now unable to work, leaving Pauline to assume the role of breadwinner - her first 'proper' job in years.
Dot, Joe's wheelchair-confined mother who likes to keep everyone 'up to speed' on her bowel movements, is now living with them, as is daughter Vicki - now, for the first time in her life, harbouring a bit of ambition and attempting to better herself. Thankfully, Jack and Sarah have finally got their own place, away from the paper-thin walls...
Other characters include Jack's best friend, Ramsey; the 'larger than life' Big Keith; Vicki's boyfriend, pub singer Gervaise; and her best friend, Jack's obsessive ex, Denise - now pregnant, a little reluctantly, by Ramsey...
- First broadcast
- Thursday 18th October 2012 on BBC Two at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 22nd December 2013 on BBC Two at 10:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Tuesday 12th January 2016 at 12:50am on Gold