- BBC One
- 6 (1 series)
- Romesh Ranganathan and Benjamin Green
- Romesh Ranganathan, Jessica Knappett, Mandeep Dhillon, Lisa McGrillis, Kieran Logendra, Matthew Lewis, Aisling Bea, Louise Ford and more
- Romesh Ranganathan, Benjamin Green, Jessica Knappett and Jen Brister
- Benjamin Green
- Arnold Widdowson, Andrew Harvey, Michelle Farr-Scott, Romesh Ranganathan, Benjamin Green, Danielle Lux, Tanya Qureshi, Lauriel Martin and Chelsea Chandler
Romesh Ranganathan stars in this warm and bittersweet comedy series about a man with severe conflict avoidance issues who is forced to change for the sake of his son.
Jonathan's life revolves around his nine year-old son Spencer, and he's always deferred the big and small decisions to his partner Claire. So when Claire asks him to leave, Jonathan realises he has no home, no friends and no ambition. Except one: to try to preserve his son's happiness in the face of his parents' break-up.
Jonathan takes Spencer and runs away. But he only gets as far as the home of sister Danielle and her wife Courtney. Over the course of the series, the unlikely foursome gradually become a loving but utterly dysfunctional family unit. Can a Beta male find some backbone? And can Jonathan avoid passing his failings (and his really bad dress sense) on to his son?
- First broadcast
- Friday 10th June 2022 at 9:30pm on BBC One