- Stand-Up, Sketch Show
- BBC Radio 4
- Justin Moorhouse, John Thomson, Steve Edge and Janice Connolly
- Justin Moorhouse, Neil Fitzmaurice and Jim Poyser
- Ben Walker
Justin Moorhouse sets out to find out if he is a good dad. Fast approaching 40, Justin is now a father, ex-husband, son, friend and lover (not to the same person) and is trying to make sense of his world.
Recorded at The Comedy Store in Manchester, Justin Moorhouse - The Big Am I, mixes stand-up and sketches as Justin, aided by John Thomson, Steve Edge and Janice Connolly, sets out to answer the big question.
Prompted by the fact that he is about to become a dad for the second time, Justin has a nagging doubt that he may not have got it right the first time around. He wonders if he has learned anything at all from the experience.
To answer the question, he takes the audience on a journey through his relationships with his son, his own dad, his ex-wife and his new girlfriend - the 'Current Potential Second Mrs Moorhouse'.In this programme Justin wants to find out if he's a good dad. He wants to make sure he's bringing his kids up the right way. Is it right to let his son discover all he needs to know via Google? Also, if he believes (as he does) that he shouldn't use corporal punishment, what is his moral stance when it comes to solitary confinement?
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 28th January 2009 at 6:30pm on BBC Radio 4
- Episode length
- 30 minutes
- Most recent repeats
- Saturday 1st May 2021 at 10:30pm on Radio 4 Extra
- Saturday 20th April 2019 at 11:30pm on Radio 4 Extra
- Sunday 30th July 2017 at 10:00pm on Radio 4 Extra