Don't be bullied into cheering up or thinking positive. Don't let anyone tell you how or when to be happy. Stand up to happiness bullies. Frown, it's already happened. Come and celebrate misery and country music, but don't jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge. 'Pure, dead, brilliant' ***** (Scotsman). Let's have a drink, put on some Johnny or Dolly and ride that lonesome train together. And remember, your life will never be as bad as Tammy Wynette's... 'A knack for funny storytelling' **** (BroadwayBaby.com). 'A naturally charismatic story teller' **** (Fest).
Share this show
- i Newspaper: 50 best jokes from Edinburgh Fringe 2019's shows
- Broadway Baby: Slaughtered at the Abattoir: Episode 6
- Edinburgh Evening News: 50 of the best jokes at this year's Fringe
- Edinburgh49: +3 interview: Martha McBrier: Happiness Bully
- Broadway Baby: Slaughtered at The Abattoir: Episode 2
- British Comedy Guide: Martha McBrier talks about the last taboo and her love of country music
- Chortle: What is your favourite anagram?
- ITV: The funny jobs Fringe comedians did before comedy
- Chortle: If your house was on fire, what would you leave behind?
- Broadway World: Martha McBrier Q&A
- Female First: My favourite comedian by Martha McBrier
Review this show
Have something to say about this show? You will be able to give this show a star rating (and write a short review if you want) from the 1 August.