The strange and wonderful Mighty Boosh Page 2

I really miss the banter in front of the curtain from series one, personally.

Yes! Me tooo. That was the best bit of the old stage show as well.

I miss Morecambe and Wise. Teary

Are they both dead now?...

Yep.

But they had the whole curtain thing down. (No pun intended.)

Curtain banter is good.

Has anyone noticed how Noel/Vince isn't as Cockney as he used to be, in the first series?

Quote: zooo @ October 27 2008, 1:15 AM BST

Yeah!!

A mixture of stuff, they could do a bit of stand up banter at the start.

Basically The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer but with, erm... Barratt and Fielding.

I think they could borrow from the Morecambe & Wise format and run with it big time, as M&W borrowed from L&H. I think the Boosh could be really big on telly as M&W were.

I see the line up of great comedy double acts as:

Premiership:
Laurel & Hardy
Morecambe & Wise
Cook & Moore (Pete 'n' Dud)
The Mighty Boosh (potential to be here in the list, anyway)
The Two Ronnies
Reeves & Mortimer

The rest of them are the other divisons, for me.

And with Mike & Bernie Winters at the bottom of the last league.

Frankie xxx :)

Interviewer (to Eric Morecambe):
..and if you and Ernie hadn't have been funny together, what would you have become?

Eric:
Mike and Bernie Winters!

I fall into the camp which thinks The Boosh are talentless comedians whose only fan base is made up of NME readers, students or ex students.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 27 2008, 1:18 AM BST

I really miss the banter in front of the curtain from series one, personally.

I agree. The chemistry was great between them. Generally, I think I've enjoyed the boosh a little bit less with each series. Still worth watching, but they no longer seem as fresh and exciting as they once were. Although I guess you could say that about almost anyone.

Quote: chipolata @ October 27 2008, 11:27 AM BST

I agree. The chemistry was great between them. Generally, I think I've enjoyed the boosh a little bit less with each series. Still worth watching, but they no longer seem as fresh and exciting as they once were. Although I guess you could say that about almost anyone.

I agree, I loved the radio series and the first TV series. Series 2 had its moments but was noticeably poorer, and I could think of 1001 things I'd rather do then watch the third series again.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 27 2008, 9:43 AM BST

Interviewer (to Eric Morecambe):
..and if you and Ernie hadn't have been funny together, what would you have become?

Eric:
Mike and Bernie Winters!

Never fails to make me laugh.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 27 2008, 9:43 AM BST

I see the line up of great comedy double acts as:

Premiership:
Laurel & Hardy
Morecambe & Wise
Cook & Moore (Pete 'n' Dud)
The Mighty Boosh (potential to be here in the list, anyway)
The Two Ronnies
Reeves & Mortimer

The rest of them are the other divisons, for me.

Yup!

I would add Lee and Herring to that, but you probably missed out on them, not being a child or a student in the 90s.

Quote: Winterlight @ October 27 2008, 10:11 AM BST

I fall into the camp which thinks The Boosh are talentless comedians whose only fan base is made up of NME readers, students or ex students.

So a fair percentage of the UK population then? It does bug me, that sort of point of view; nothing wrong with not liking it, but saying 'it's for students' always riles me.

Yup. Plus if you say they're talentless you're basically saying we're morons for falling for it. Cheers buddy. ;)