Al Murray's Happy Hour Page 2

The one area of Al Murray's show that scored over so many others in recent times is that it was as near to inclussive 'entertainment' that you're going to get these days. No swearing and loads of good natured teasing that made for an entertaining programme.

Perhaps not exactly classic entertaiment but after too many years of Graham Norton, it made a very refreshing change to watch something that didn't go out of its way to offend. And now the run has finished, how good it is to see the return of Dame Edna in its place.

Now you mention it you're right. I hadn't noticed that. Maybe because everything nowadays does seem to include swearing, explicit sex etc.

He is extremely clever though. I realise he's probably got stock retorts but a lot of his spontaneous stuff (I'm sure it can't be all scripted) is brilliant.

I've got tickets to Dame Edna next week actually (episode 2). She's also got a huge box set coming out.

Do we really want to see Dame Edna's box set?

>_<

(Touché.)

Happy Hour is fantastic and i'm glad it's back for another series. I agree with everyone's been saying regarding the scheduling of the show. They should leave it alone.

Well it's back in about 10 minutes and I've got tickets for week after next.

I see it is actually "an hour" now too.

I was about to say that. Only realised it was on about an hour ago when I spotted it in the TV listings. ITV do a great publicity job, don't they?

And wasn't it an hour previously? Well, 45 minutes or whatever discounting adverts.

It's Greg Thompson! :O

(He's implying he's got a massive cock.)

Quite enjoyed this last night. James Blunt came across as a decent bloke which I was amazed by and Barbara Windsor is always quite a good guest. I wish that they'd stop getting nobodies on the show from reality shows though.

Quote: Nick @ January 12, 2008, 2:42 PM

Quite enjoyed this last night. James Blunt came across as a decent bloke which I was amazed by and Barbara Windsor is always quite a good guest. I wish that they'd stop getting nobodies on the show from reality shows though.

Yeah but Bannerman was in Time Gentlemen Please

And Cerys is gorgeous

Quote: David Chapman @ January 12, 2008, 6:36 PM

Yeah but Bannerman was in Time Gentlemen Please

I doubt anyone else here knows that though!

It wasn't actually referred to was it.

Well Al's "Now, Marc, I've been aware of your acting for many years now" (or whatever it was exactly) made me laugh. I think probably a little nudge for the long-time and uber fans. Not a direct reference, but then the character is serious, not an "I-know-I'm-a-character"-character (if that makes sense), and so unlikely to reference other shows he's done.

I thought he should have come on in Greg Thompson guise.