Al Murray's Happy Hour

Read in The Guardian today that this show has been given a second series. If that's the case then I'm very happy to be proved wrong. I really liked it but thought that the very poor viewing figures would mean it had no chance of returning. If it does come back then I hope that they schedule it better and not against MotD.

it is a good show a deserves a second series, (which i beleive it has got) the only problem is as you say, Match of the day, plus the guest list from hell,, hopefully he'll have some bigger names, the best part of series one was when that cheeky girl was sat next to some old lady and al said "stone me, i thought you were meant to be twins, lembit has been kaneing it with you love", top notch comedy.

This Article

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article2328141.ece

Also mentions that it’s been recommissioned.

Great news.

Yeah, I'm quite happy to see it come back. It's not perfect at the moment, but I've got a good feeling about it. Seems like there's some good scope for improvement, and with this chance, I think they'll polish it up a bit. (Remember Black Adder?)

The real issue for me was not the scheduling against Match of the Day, but the fact that they keep on moving it! I've noted times varying from about 9:15 right through to 10:30. Utterly stupid.

don't they do that with harry hill's t.v burp aswell, i normally watch the repeat because i don't get home from football till late, i heard that it goes from 5:15 to 6:45 back again, if this is true it seems that when ever itv do a decent comedy (in recent years) they shoot themselves in the foot with the sceduling. (notice i said decent comedy, bonkers isn't involved)

Actually, now you mention it, yes. I think they do.

And they wonder why their figures and profits are so appaling at times. *shakes head in dismay*

Al Murray is brilliant. I loved Time Gentlemen Please (TGP)where the character originated & saw him at Wimbledon Theatre last june. Don't sit in the front row though - luckily I didn't.

Presumably TGP won't come bsack now. Has this ever been on DVD?

Alsolove Harry Hill's TV Burp. As you say they keep mucking about with the times. Didn't Harry spawn Al (so to speak)?

TGP is indeed utterly amazing, but not where the Guv'nor originated. I'm not entirely sure how long he's been around, but TGP was off the back of a Perrier win, I believe.

The first six episodes (pathetic, with 22 in series one alone) are available on DVD, and it's ALL available online, if you look in the right places. (Also repeated on Paramount 2 at the moment, I think.)

I don't have the equipment to down load. I'll have to look elsewhere.

He originated from the Harry Hills' TV series. He created him to fill in gaps on the show.

Edited, yeah should have been Harry Hill's tour in 94 (when he was created).

The character never appeared on Harry Hill's TV show though. He played Harry's big brother Alan instead.

I think he's been doing the character for about 20 years. I'm sure he appeared in Harry Hill's TV show as his nephew (not as the pub landlord), because he used to call him Uncle Harry.

Just found "Time Gentlemen Please" on Paramount now. Brilliant.

I'm cheeky, me!

It was a great last episode of Al Murray's happy hour last night and i'm glad they have given the go ahead for a 2nd series.

My favourite line last night was to Louis Walsh : So which new song will Boyzone be covering lol.

Or something like that anyway.

And all is not lost on saturday night's as Dame Edna is back next saturday :)